Hooked on Phonics - The #1 Learn to Read Program
By Hooked on Phonics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hooked on Phonics is Highly Effective and Incredibly Fun. Nurture your child's reading and confidence with the right blend of interactive learn-to-read tools. This award-winning app is based on research, approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards through 1st grade.
• Over 200 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• Ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
• IT'S HIGHLY EFFECTIVE AND INCREDIBLY FUN!
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 24 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Big Reading Show may be a good place to start. The Big Reading Show is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program. Part variety show, part interactive game, The Big Reading Show features 13 episodes, each one an exploration of letters, words, text concepts, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary.
Over 5 million children have learned to read using the Hooked on Phonics program. Start your child on the path to becoming a confident lifelong reader and learner. Download Hooked on Phonics today.
WHAT PARENTS AND KIDS ARE SAYING:
• “[My kids] are excited and reciting stuff that they learned from Hooked on Phonics.” Joe – Atlanta, Georgia
• “Hooked on Phonics does it for you… it’s not hard. So as a parent, it’s doable.” – Alexa & Joe, parents and Hooked on Phonics customers
• “On the first day of school I got this good book, and I just finished it. And I’m loving reading.” Michael – Struggling Reader
• “I started getting honor roll in class.” Michelle – Reader 5 levels behind
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of The Big Reading Show (Explorer Day), are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 5.0.11
The reading program itself is great. My kids love it and I really saw improvement. The reason I'm only giving 3 stars is because they have technical issues with the automatic renewal they need to fix but haven't. Month after month my account is charged but when my kids go to use the app a screen pops up to select a purchase method.
I've email at least 4 times (every month) and they have to go and give me access again.
Why should I have to email every month to be able to use an app that I'm automatically being charged for? It's a hassle and I've had enough. If they can't fix it then it's pointless to me and I suggest anyone thinking about signing up decided if they really want to be emailing the company every month in order to use something they are already paying for.
It's so disappointing to me. I would think a great company like this would be more on top of making sure their programs are running smoothly for their paying customers.
I will add that they do respond in a reasonable time frame to emails, but I still feel like this should be a fairly easy fix on their part. I don't understand why they just won't fix it.
Great Program and Great Customer Support!!!
We initially used the Hooked On Phonics App a couple of years ago to accelerate my daughter's reading (she was four at the time). After powering through the entire program my daughter was well on her way to being an advanced reader. I wouldn't solely rely on the app (still gotta be an active parent in other ways), but it helped tremendously. A couple of years after using the app and deleting the old content we wanted to re-visit to help my son start down his reading path. We were saddened to discover that all of the material we had previously paid for was no longer available, but instead of simply re-purchasing the bundle I reached out to the Support team to see if they could find our previous purchases and re-apply them to our account. Sherry was incredibly helpful and was able to get us the bundle... We're confident he'll be caught up in no time : )
I'm a believer in HOP. I worked through the K and 1st grade programs (the DVDs with workbooks) with my oldest 3 boys before they went to Kinder. It really helped them have a firm reading base before going to school. Now, I'm teaching my 4th boy to read. We started the DVDs and workbooks for the Kinder level. We worked through the first 10 lessons and restarted and restarted a second time. He hated it and whined every time it was reading time. I tried incentives and other tricks. I didn't want to rebuy the program in app version, but I totally did and am glad that I did! It's night and day. He loves the "game" aspect of reading and is actually making progress. I had to cut him off today after doing 5 lessons.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 14, 2016
- Version: 5.0.11
- Size: 323 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SANDVIKS HOP, INC.
- © 2016 Sandviks, HOP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hooked on Phonics$6.99
- Can Man eBook$0.99
- Zap eBook$0.99
- Unlock Complete 12 Step Set$49.99
- Unlocking of Step 2 including 3 eBooks$6.99
- Unlock Step 2$4.99
- Lifetime Subscription$49.99
- Nat Sat eBook$0.99
- Unlock Step 3$4.99
- Hooked on Phonics$39.99