Hooked on Phonics is Highly Effective and Incredibly Fun. Nurture your child's reading and confidence with the right blend of interactive learn-to-read tools. This award-winning app is based on research, approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards through 1st grade.
• Over 250 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• 100+ ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 36 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Big Reading Show may be a good place to start. The Big Reading Show is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program. Part variety show, part interactive game, The Big Reading Show features 13 episodes, each one an exploration of letters, words, text concepts, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary.
Over 5 million children have learned to read using the Hooked on Phonics program. Start your child on the path to becoming a confident lifelong reader and learner. Download Hooked on Phonics today.
WHAT PARENTS AND KIDS ARE SAYING:
• “[My kids] are excited and reciting stuff that they learned from Hooked on Phonics.” Joe – Atlanta, Georgia
• “Hooked on Phonics does it for you… it’s not hard. So as a parent, it’s doable.” – Alexa & Joe, parents and Hooked on Phonics customers
• “On the first day of school I got this good book, and I just finished it. And I’m loving reading.” Michael – Struggling Reader
• “I started getting honor roll in class.” Michelle – Reader 5 levels behind
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of The Big Reading Show (Explorer Day), are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We have made significant speed, and performance enhancements based on user feedback to ensure you and your child have the best Learn to Read experience possible!
Ratings and Reviews
So much fun! Great app!
The Hooked on Phonics app is great! My daughter loves it and has learned so much already. The big reading show portion was fun and educational and was a great review of the alphabet and the sounds before going into the rest of the steps. The videos are super catchy and she sings them all the time! The little games on the app are also great because she gets to interact with the lesson. I honestly love how many ebooks there are for her to read in the app! This app is well worth the subscription because it’s a great program and she’s having fun while she does it. I think it’s going to help her as she gets ready for the new school year. Thank you!
Love to hear it! Thanks so much for your feedback. We're happy your kids are having a fun time learning to read.
Do not recommend.
My kid’s progress would not save.
Emailed customer service, they told me to check my phone & app updates(they were current).
Then they asked me to log out & back on, & that logging out is more likely to save progress (what?!😒).
Then they told me to press the “restore purchases” button in the app (which fixes the problem... kind of... until module 3. it happens too often). If *that* didn’t fix it, I would have had to delete the app, & re-download it.
When he finished module 3, the app would not progress to module 4. I have tried everything except removing & reinstalling the app, but no professionally developed app for $60 should contain any of the problems this one has.
The game will automatically log out at random. Being 3, my son freaks out when I have to take back the phone to fix the app, or when it logs out(no, it’s not my kid, it’s just a random occurrence) . This app is worth maybe $5 at best in its current form. I only purchased for $60 on brand recognition, a major mistake.
Do not recommend to you, will not recommend to friends or family.
Hey there, we are so sorry that you have had trouble saving your son's progress. We actually put in an update to the app last night with a fix in place for this issue. We encourage you to make sure that you've updated the app today and try again. We truly use customer feedback, like yours, seriously, to continue to improve the app experience for all.
Really like the rich learn to read experience. My kids love it, are learning, and are even excited about going back to school now!
Thanks so much! We're happy your kiddos are having fun while they learn to read!
- SANDVIKS HOP, INC.
- 330.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Sandviks, HOP
- In-App Purchases
- Hooked on Phonics $6.99
- Can Man eBook $0.99
- Zap eBook $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.