By Midwest Tape, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly borrow free digital movies, music, and more, 24/7 with your library card.
All you need is a library card from your local library. Titles stream instantly, and are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. Your local public library must have an account set up with Hoopla Digital before you can use the Hoopla app. Please ask your library if they have a Hoopla Digital account before installing Hoopla.
If you need assistance registering for the first time, please e-mail our support team: email@example.com.
Note: We recommend updating to the latest version of iOS for the best experience.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Complete visual overhaul designed to make hoopla easier and more fun to use.
• New home view! You can resume your most recent titles with a single touch, or quickly view other featured titles.
• Recommended titles! We build a list just for you, based on your borrowing history, your favorites, and the genres you are most interested in.
• New browse design with featured title and artist promotions, better thumbnail images, and easier navigation.
• More powerful and easier searching.
• You can now add an artist or series to your list of favorites - not just titles.
• Lots of minor playback issues fixed.
• Patrons will need to log in using their password (which they may or may not remember). Hoopla will be glad to help in response to patron password inquiries.
• Patrons with active downloaded content will notice that updating will delete their previous download(s). These are, however, still accessible, and only need to be re-downloaded (not re-borrowed) to enjoy offline.
Not Acceptable as a Music Player
I have tried using this app on my iPod Touch and iPad Air and it just can't play the music. About one-half of the songs just won't play. If I skip to the next song then it usually plays, but sometimes it's several songs in a row that won't play. I download the tracks onto my device because no network is available during my daily commute on public transit, but this problem occurs whether I am connected to a network or not. I feel burned because my library is spending our hard earned tax dollars for us to have Hoopla access and I don't get to hear even half the music I check out. What a waste of money! I also don't like that the app has no equalization feature. This is partly Apple's fault because there is no system wide equalizer, only one for the built-in music player. However, I have used quite a few music apps on the iPod Touch and iPad and many of them do have equalization. But for the ones that don't have an equalizer, I purchased an external headphone amplifier that has a few EQ settings, without which I could never have tolerated listening to anything on this app.
Way too buggy!
Have only used for audiobooks, but it is very cumbersome to use. On/off button works probably half the time. Slider bar for forward or backwards is almost useless because it doesn't always work PLUS you cannot scroll forward or back with any precision when one bar across the bottom of an iPhone screen covers an entire 14 hour audiobook. Back up button works maybe half the time. Sleep timer gives several options for length of time, however no matter no matter which one you choose you only get seven minutes on the timer, then it turns off. Combine that with an awkward user interface where the on off button doesn't always work and it's a very aggravating app. Unfortunately it's a major component in my library's audiobooks selection, Therefore if I want the books, I'm stuck with Hoopla. There's got to be a better way!
I hate the new Hoopla App! This app has too many bugs. I haven't been able to get it to work properly since I downloaded it! I've had to go through a website to get to Hoopla instead. Also, have been trying to borrow an audio book for 3 days now however I continue to receive a message stating that the lending limit has been met for the day! This is very frustrating considering that I personally have 8 titles that I can borrow for this month...except that apparently I can't because the overall limit has been met! I even tried borrowing at 7:30 am before work and I still received the same message! I'm not a fan of the app or program! I would rate this a negative but I'm forced to give it 1 star!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Midwest Tape LLC
- © 2012 Midwest Tape, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.