Hop is email like you’ve never seen before. Whether you freelance or run a small business, Hop makes working across clients and teams easier by cutting the distractions of old-fashioned inboxes, giving your email lightning fast superpowers. With the strength of Hop’s productivity tools, you no longer have to waste time bouncing between business software— Hop takes care of that from the convenience of your inbox. And the best part? It’s all powered through your existing email.
“An excellent design and ease of use” - Business Insider
“If electronic mail had been invented today, it would probably look a lot like this” - TIME
“Unlike any other email client you've used before” - Gizmodo
Use Hop to:
• Communicate easily with your clients, teams, and friends
• Create channels of topics right from within your inbox. All the people and information you want for a project with your customers, without a pesky login
• Send emails faster, with less friction and cleaner messaging formatting
• Stay on top of urgent messages with read receipts, real time awareness, and snoozing
• Automatically organize your inbox for maximum focus
• Perform housekeeping tasks like unsubscribing, mass archiving, and organization with unprecedented ease
• Unify multiple email addresses into one clean inbox
• Merge fragmented calendars into one clean view (pulls everything from Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Facebook, etc.)
Move Crazy Fast
• Light Speed Replies - Tap the lightning icon to send a rapid response, even customize your own.
• Swipe like a boss - Gain the Power of Gestures - Hop is loaded with them - so you can shortcut like a ninja.
• Important Messages - Hop prioritizes your main inbox by conversations, so you can see through the noise and focus on people who matter.
• Real Conversations - Slash through complex formatting to reveal a real flow of conversation. Hop hides signatures, email headers, and quoted text for easy reading.
• Zap The Noise - Unsubscribe from newsletters, snooze a message, block a sender, and auto-archive entire message threads with ease.
• Snooze Messages - Take care of messages when you want to.
• See Through Walls - Visually browse all attachments ever sent by a person, without having to open emails one by one.
• Fastest Search Ever - Search all messages, files and contacts instantly. A full search engine on your phone.
• Sixth Sense - Instantly know when your sent message has been opened.
• Real Time Awareness - Hop lets you practically read minds by seeing when another Hop user is typing you a response in real-time.
• Bend Notifications To Your Liking - Hop lets you tailor notifications exactly as you wish. Identify each contact with their own unique sound, only get notified for priority messages, or mute specific threads.
• Organize By People - Hop powers up your contacts view, letting you jump back into open conversations or find attached media faster than a speeding bullet.
• All-seeing, All-knowing Calendar - Hop converges all of your calendars (Google Calendar, Facebook, Apple Calendar) so you can see it all on one nimble screen.
Channels: Open, Effortless Collaboration
• Create collaborative, shareable workspaces in an instant while sparing your team from yet another app login.
• Flow Together - Channels transform complicated email chains into easy-to-follow discussions. Wait, is this still email?! Oh yes it is. And badder than ever.
• Instantly Share Without Boundaries - Sharing information into and out from the group is as easy as forwarding an email. Hasta la vista, login screens.
An Arsenal of Expression
• Attach From The Cloud
• Previous Attachments - quickly attach past files from your email accounts.
• Audio Messages - instant recording and sharing of audio messages.
• Express yourself vividly using GIFs.
• Share a location or a place.
A Desktop and Web interface are coming soon!!! Stay tuned...
As we work on a major update to Hop mobile (and the new mac app) we had to fix some stuff:
+ Fixed some random crashes and some jumping lists
+ Fixed: read indication also works when sending using the share extention
+ Some small design touches
Please contact us email@example.com to get an early access to our upcoming Hop for Mac :)
Ratings and Reviews
BEST. APP. EVER.
This app changed the way I deal with and interact with email!!!!!
I am a college student and have a few part time jobs which communicate primarily over email... Since most of my projects involve multiple managers I am constantly bombarded by strings of inter-relating emails when they back reference content that has since been lost in my inbox of hell. I also (I guess as a millennial?) dislike using emails as a primary form of communication due to the lack of visibility most of them have.
Hop changed all of that!! Not only giving me the ability to follow the string of a conversation as if it was a text message, but also giving me a window into when my content is actually received by providing read receipts! On top of that it filters out all the junk I receive on a daily basis that while I would still like to occasionally read, don’t need in the same area as my work communication.
This app is pretty great
I am an email app junkie. I have spent a lot of time with a lot of apps (Newton, Spark, Outlook, Trove, Astro, Boomerang...I am sure I am forgetting some here). Newton was my all time favorite for awhile but lately has become a bit buggy and slow.
Hop is fantastic. It is LIGHTNING fast. Like the UI is just soup to nuts blazing fast and responsive. The SMS like approach to email seemed gimmicky at first but this is a really great implementation of the idea. Some really interesting ideas around common recipient groups. Search is incredibly quick. Calendar integration works. Love the ability to easily send so many different types of media (GIFs, drawings...). Integrated voice calls (!!). It's packed with good ideas that are uniformly executed perfectly.
Only shortcoming is it uses IMAP for Gmail instead of the Gmail API and my employer (a very large software company) blocks IMAP access so I can only use this for personal email. Ordinarily that'd be a deal breaker for me - I love having one app for all my accounts - but Hop is so good otherwise that I'm using a second app for work email.
If there's any way to support the Gmail API in future I would seriously pay for this app. It's good enough to be worth money (like Newton).
My new favorite email app
I've always had trouble keeping track of messages, especially my emails. Threads were confusing, attachments hard to find & overall I just dreaded having to go through and respond to them. That all changed with this app though! Responding to emails is a breeze and the UI is just about the cleanest I've seen in any messaging app. The little features like seeing when your email's been read and compiling all my "other" emails into a separate area to keep everything all tidy. This app is just what I was looking for and one of the most useful I've downloaded in a long time- thanks for making it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.