Hop - Your email. Reimagined.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hop brings your email to life! It automagically turns your email messages into a natural chat conversation with the people you know. Use it to connect in real time with friends, family and colleagues to share life’s most important moments as they happen -- through video, photos, documents, live chat, and voice calls -- using something everybody has: an email address. Hop is fully synced with desktop emails so conversations, documents and media are always stored on your cloud service.
• Make your email communication intuitive: see all messages by people and brands, and not as a cluttered list.
• Move on to modern email: use it the way you use SMS or chat apps to have real conversations.
• Ditch the formality of email, and deepen your relationships with the people you care about.
Tame promotional emails, social notifications and newsletters into separate feeds and reclaim your inbox for the messages that matter.
• Share Photos, Videos, Audio Messages, Doodles and Web Images with anyone, in real time.
• Real time chat and audio calls with other hop users,
• Custom notifications: Stop checking your phone every time it buzzes. Assign custom notification alerts for different types of messages and contacts, and keep it in your pocket.
Here’s what really smart people are saying about hop:
“Really transformative for email. Finally some real innovation for email clients on mobile. This blows away Mailbox and the Gmail app" -- Robert Scoble
"Fuses email and IM in a fascinating and useful new way." -- The Verge
“an excellent design, ease of use, and its ability to de-clutter your inbox without overwhelming you.” -- Business Insider
“Unlike any other email client you've used before" -- Gizmodo, App of the Day
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• iPad • Multiple email accounts • Unified colored view • Real time presence icons • Open documents in other Apps • New smart gestures • Even faster • Documents previews • More customizations
After thousands of conversations (thanks to our amazing users and support team) we have been busy working on the first major upgrade to hop, and it’s awesome!
• iPad is now hopping! enjoy your hop on the bigger screen, with real time sync to your iPhone
• Manage multiple email accounts add your personal and business accounts, enjoy them separately or using the colored “Unified View”
• Share to other Apps like Dropbox, Evernote, Twitter, and more...
• New innovative Swipe and Hold gesture for fast actions with no accidental swipes
• “Recent Documents” now displays documents previews!
• Lots of other improvements and bug fixes
Have questions or suggestions? Please chat with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6 stars. I've used several apps designed to improve upon the really basic built-in Mail app but nothing like this. Hop introduces bold changes that really work. I was worried that Scoble set expectations too high but, really, it's better than that. I like:
• Being able to reply with all these various types - voice, drawing, photos, etc. It feels so natural and easy to send with any type.
• How well the default separation of conversations and general notifications. I don't want to scroll through to catch up on threads.
• Really natural gestures. There's nothing obvious about swipes and long presses but after finding them the first time (I did read the FAQ online) each action really is where it belongs so doesn't require much effort to learn beyond the first time you do it.
Hop is great stuff. Can't wait til my bro joins and we can try out the real time feature.
I'm using Hop on an iPhone 4S with a gmail account. I intend to get it on my iPad. I've used Mailbox and the gmail app which are great but find I use them less and less.
Update after a month using it: I use it more than ever. I do revert to the gmail app sometimes to do more searching but Hop is what I use almost exclusively. My bro joined and we played around with real-time and other features. We found them easy to use but like FaceTime and iMessages a lot as well so tend to stay there.
Great app - AMAZING Support
When I first read about this app, I thought it was the perfect app for one of my email accounts. I have a few friends that I communicate with that only do email. Having moved to iMessage and Facebook Messenger for everyone else, I had altered my workflow to the point that email became less important, and at the same time, more important. Enter hop!
The app, if you are reading this, you know about. What would make this a 10 star app if allowed, is the support team. The email account I use is an iCloud account. What I was finding is that when I would archive the emails in Mail (iPhone or Mac app), the conversations in hop became one sided. Turns out that the hop app was not syncing the iCloud archive folder. "Hopping" with support, they worked with me, turned this feature on on their end, and reached out to me when it was implemented.
They not only encourage feedback, they take it to heart!
Title says it all
I believe some of the other reviewers have missed the benefits that HOP has to offer, if only you take the time to learn it.
Hop presents a different approach to managing email and there is a learning curve. However, once you learn it, there is a lot of innovation to be appreciated. The chat like email threads, archive (hiding) to keep inboxes uncluttered, smart notifications, mark for later features, and an awesome note to self feature, to name a few. There is a bit of adjustment at the start, but if you can get past it, the payoff is a uniquely functional email app that stands out from the rest of the competition.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 10.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: erez pilosof
- © PingApp, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.