By Douglas Cowley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Blanket recommendation for this one." - Pocket Tactics (5/5 stars)
"It's very simple to learn, but there's a huge amount of depth to the game" - Touch Arcade (5/5 stars)
Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.
This game is designed to be hard, yet fair. You'll need to think before you act if you hope to win. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities as you dive deeper into the underworld.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• Challenge your friends and see how you rank on the leaderboard.
• Jump straight into the action with a randomized set of upgrades.
• Try to beat the daily challenge or play predetermined challenges at two difficulty levels.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Fixed bug awarding Flawless Achievement
Discovered on Bloomberg! MUST BUY!
When this was a featured in an article on Bloomberg under "Best one handed games to play on your commute" - I was intrigued.
A game for adults that is featured on Bloomberg?
And am I glad I bought it!
It is a dungeon crawler and as you clear every level you have a choice to keep adding special abilities.
The gameplay is fun and special powers keep the replay value.
Don't let the basic graphics fool you. It is the ideal game for a quick 7 minute break before the conference call starts, or for an "after lunch" break before you head to your trading terminals.
Great strategy, good for start/stop playing
Fun just like 868-HACK
Truly amazing reinvention of mobile rogue
Hoplite reinvents the classic rogue like for an almost perfect mobile gaming experience. Nothing besides 868-HACK comes close.