Hopper - Watch & Book Flights
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Save up to 40% on your next flight! Hopper predicts the future of airfare prices. Watch your next flight in the app and get a notification as soon as the price drops to its lowest point. Never miss a deal!
Users save on average $50 per flight by following the bunny’s advice. Know if you should book now or wait for a better price using the price prediction feature.
Hopper is like a super-fast, all-knowing travel agent that analyzes up to 15 billion flights prices every day and predicts the future cheapest price with 95% accuracy!
• PREDICT the best time to fly and buy so you’ll score the cheapest fares.
• WATCH a trip to receive price alerts via push notifications the instant prices drop.
• BUY cheap flights in 60 seconds or less with just a few taps and a swipe.
• FLY with confidence knowing you’ve found the best plane tickets on the airlines you like.
Hopper is an award-winning travel app. No spam. No ads. No popups. No time wasted. Just the confidence you’re booking the best flight and saving money.
Other things you can do with Hopper:
• Find the cheapest travel dates using the color-coded calendar
• Get smart travel tips about nearby airports and dates to save even more on your trip
• Use filters to get custom predictions about the best flight for you. Remove long layovers, stops, or basic fares that have lots of extra fees and restrictions
• Compare prices and amenities from over 250 airlines around the world including most low-cost and north american airlines
• Use our price tracker for round-trip or one-way flights
• Receive personalized recommendations about deals to destinations you might like based on flights you are tracking, your past vacations and your travel budget
• Find out about breaking fare sales, hacker fares, and exclusive deals available from your home airport
• Last minute travel? Find great travel deals that leave in the next days. Check out our companion app GTFO for more last minute deals
• Save your traveler profile and your payment details securely for even faster booking
• Get an overview of all of the important details in the fine print from Fair Bear. He’ll let you know about the policies and fees related to flights cancellation or changes, carry-on allowances, first & second checked bags prices and seat selection
• Receive help 24/7 from our support agents if you need to cancel or modify your flight
• NEW: you can now watch & book some of the best hotels in New York City!
Download Hopper and let’s start planning your trip!
App Store Best of 2015
“The 10 Best Free Apps for Air Travel Junkies” - TIME
“23 Life-Changing Apps We Downloaded This Year” - BuzzFeed
"How Well Do Airfare Predictors Work? Hopper: 8/10, Kayak: 6/10, Google Flights: 0/10” - WSJ
"Hopper, Expedia and Skyscanner Use Big Data to Find You the Cheapest Airfares" - Paste Magazine
Have a question or some stellar feedback? Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.3.0
The bunny has secured some incredible deals to South America, Asia and Europe. Be on the lookout for routes with Secret Fares — available only to Hopper users. Then just watch that trip to unlock exclusive deals!
Non intuitive, poor interface, incomplete listings
Not sure why this is getting so many favorable reviews. I gave it a try but found the interface nonintuitive, some examples being:
1. Lack of a home button so I can go back and start fresh.
2. No way to view your current watchlist so I have no idea what flights are currently being watched, and when setting a watch for certain flights, I only had the option to tap X or tap Cancel, making it seem like by doing so, I’m canceling the watch. There was no way to confirm the watch was active and indeed when I go through the same flight searches I see a prompt asking if I want to set a watch again, so it appears the previous watch I set was never saved. Just very confusing and not helpful.
3. Flight prices only cover certain airlines, it contains no Delta listings for example, which is not the fault of Hopper since Hipmunk has the same issue. However Hopper should make it CLEAR what airlines they don’t cover so we can check these airlines separately.
4. No way to clear notifications: all I can do is give them a thumbs down, which appears to do nothing, so what’s the point?
Overall I wanted to like this app but way too many issues for it to be of any use to me.
I had the hopper app for a few weeks as I was planning to visit New York. Hopper informed me early on that flights were around $400+ and that the time to book was now, prices will only increase. Based on that advice, I booked. For the next few weeks I proceeded to watch prices increase here and there, as well as finally decrease down to $300 or so a week or so before my flight date. I actually steadily watched prices fall a couple weeks after I had already spent what ended up being over $100 more than where prices ended up. I get that is app is trying to predict, but if you’re going to waste both my time and money what are you good for?
Didn't seem to work as well this time!
We really like the convenience of the app, but the notification system didn't seem to function properly for this trip. Also the app recommended waiting and as a result of following the recommendation, we paid more per ticket and were forced to connect through Dallas when we would've gotten a non-stop had we booked earlier.