Learn to code and make your own games with Hopscotch.
**Downloaded over 12 million times**
**30 million games created**
“Hopscotch is the best way to express your imagination! Most other "learn to code" apps just make you complete boring levels with 4 "move" blocks, but in hopscotch you have the freedom to create anything, which is amazing.” — BuildASnowman, Hopscotcher
“This taught me sooooo much about basics of coding. I have been able to make some cool games I hope to learn more as I advance this app was extremely helpful and easy to learn.” — BestBeginnersCoding, Hopcotcher
“I had ZERO background or programming experience. I personally checked all 8 or 10 of these blogs about recommendations. And Hopscotch was the most intuitive and interactive. It’s not like you’re just playing video games. My daughter loves it!” — Mom, S. to daughter, 8
“I am a 4th grade teacher who LOVES your app. Our students have been introduced to coding through it and I am impressed with the creativity they have shown and the skills they are building while creating projects.” — Kelley, 4th grade teacher
Whether games, art, stories, or more, you can code whatever you want with kid-friendly programming. Publish your creations to Hopscotch’s fully moderated community, where kids can play and learn from your games.
Explore and learn from millions of projects created by other kids. Open up any project to play, tweak, or remix it. With thousands of games published every week, you’ll never run out of ideas or inspiration!
Our play-along video tutorials teach you to make Crossy Road, PokemonGo, and more. Listen, watch, and code as you go! As you become a better programmer, Hopscotch will challenge you to create increasingly advanced games and apps. These skills will help you in high school, college, and beyond.
PRESS + AWARDS
** Parents Magazine: Best Apps for Families **
** FastCompany: Innovation By Design Finalist **
** Parent’s Choice Gold Medal: Software **
** Children’s Technology Review: Best Educational Technology **
** The New York Times **
** The Wall Street Journal **
** WIRED **
** Parents Magazine **
** FastCompany **
** Apple App Store Editors **
See how much your child will love learning to code with Hopscotch! Join 10 million families coding on Hopscotch. Upgrade for premium creation tools. Get a week-long free trial, and then subscribe for $7.99/month or $79.99/year. You can cancel anytime, hassle free.
Hopscotch is used on 44% of school iPads in the US. Sign up as an educator when you download Hopscotch, and then start coding in your classroom with free lesson plans and student accounts. Increase student engagement with our library of self-guided video tutorials. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. Learn more at https://gethopscotch.org/educators
SAFETY + PRIVACY
Hopscotch values kids’ safety and privacy. Hopscotch does not require or collect Personal Information from children, and is COPPA Certified by iKeep Safe.
Subscribe to Hopscotch for premium creation tools.
You can choose between two auto-renewing subscription options:
- $7.99 per month
- $79.99 per year
Get a 7-day free trial when you upgrade Hopscotch. Cancel at any time before the trial period ends, and you won’t be charged until after the trial period. Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
To cancel a subscription, disable auto-renewal in your iTunes settings (General > iTunes Settings > Subscriptions > Manage) and allow the current period to end. Refunds are not available for unused portions of a subscription per iTunes policy.
Learn to code and make your own games with Hopscotch. Over 12 million downloads!
In this update:
You've been telling us your notifications were janky, and we didn't quite get it. That was past Hopscotch's mistake. Today's Hopscotch has finally squashed that bug. Thank you William04Gamer for sticking with us here.
A couple other small improvements:
- It's a little easier to get help with your account. We've added more info to your about screen so you can recover old usernames.
- If you had canceled a free trial, it was possible to get into a state where you could never log out. Yikes! Aariv alerted us to this issue, and now it's fixed.
As always, shoot us an email at email@example.com with any questions/comments/suggestions. You might show up in the next release notes!
Ratings and Reviews
“Coding” may sound a bit dry and daunting to some newcomers, but those are the last things that come to mind while using Hopscotch. The app lets you have as much fun making games as playing them, and with its colorful, friendly interface and stacks of help and tutorials, kids (and grown-ups!) can build all kinds of apps—while learning the fundamentals of programming. Best of all, you can share your creations so anyone with an iPhone or iPad can play them too!
Awesome but needs more!
This is ABSOLUTELY my favorite game! 5 stars and 1082 hearts(if that's even a thing) but we need more! This is my list of what to add which I will work on until I can't think of anymore!
1. Stop block: A block that stops the movements of objects which can be a red block
2. Random block: A block that's magenta but it will choose random blocks inside it for you
3. Organized magenta blocks: organize magenta blocks by making the default blocks orange the bump blocks pink and the variable blocks gray
4. A course of challenges: make actual levels by making 3 gamemodes one is called freestyle mode where you have your account only another is internet mode where you can play projects and course mode where hopscotchers attempt levels
5. everything: make everything for free when you download this app because I don’t wanna waste any money but also make the app 4.99 and people who already downloaded the app won’t have to pay!
6. EⓂ️⭕️JIS: you know we already have a bunch of great emojis but why use their emojis when you can create your own? make a custom emoji button and it will bring up some custom emojis! you can make your own emojis or use hopscotch emojis!
7. 🔈💭Sound Maker: make your own sounds for this block!
__________________________ Record the sound then draw a
|Start Sound O wait 500| picture for the sound and your good to go!
Thanks, RaymondDraymond! We're so happy to hear how much you love Hopscotch. And we totally agree—there are SO many things we want to add to Hopscotch! We're working on a few cool things that will come out before the end of the year..stay tuned! If you want to be a beta tester, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an amazing app and I am learning a lot from it. If you in anyway hesitant about downloading it.... DON’T BE! If you wanna make games and have fun while coding. This is the app for you!!!!! This is especially great for kids because some games that involve learning bore kids, even if they DO want to learn. But this app lets kids learn so much and still have fun. There is a woman who guides you through each already made game. And then once you have gotten the hang of it you have the choice to go on your own and make your own games from scratch. I love this app, if you are interested tap that install button. There is nothing to lose! If you don’t feel comfortable or don’t feel like this is your vibe, you can always delete the app(which I doubt you would want to do). But overall this is an amazing. I totally recommend it!
- Hopscotch Technologies
- 156 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Hopscotch Technologies
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription with free trial $7.99
- 1 Year Subscription with free trial $79.99
- 1 Year Subscription with free trial $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.