Horcrux Email Backup
By Suhas Tech
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Horcrux lets you automatically backup your mails from any IMAP supported email accounts with great ease. The best part is, you have an option to restore the backed up emails to any other email account, retaining all your tags/folder hierarchy.
"Horcrux is handy since you don't actually have to think about it when it's running" - Lifehacker
Note: This is a background app, it resides on the Mac menu bar called "H". Click on that to get back to the preferences.
- 10.9 OSX Mavericks compatible
- Tested with iCloud, Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange. It should work on most email accounts.
- Incremental backups
- Supports multiple email accounts
- Add the accounts, set the backup frequency and it'll unobtrusively backup emails in the background
- Native Email Browsing interface where you can undelete specific emails (in case of user error)
- Emails can be archived as a ZIP file making your data portable
- Clever restore process that'll skip already existing emails
- Stores emails in open format (.eml) which can be opened in clients like Apple Mail
- Can export emails in open format as .mbox
Please feel free to contact us in case of any problems https://thehorcrux.com/support
Note: Google and Microsoft are trademarks of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
* Correct datestamp while restoring messages
Great IMAP backiup app - Running on Maverick (V 2.1.1)
By and large it’s a great app!
It does a simple task and it does it well and it does it in an unobtrusive way.
Some tidbits of configuration screens need polishing but by and large I’m very
happy with tihs app. It delivers on its simple promise:
- We will backup your IMAP account locally
- We will do it reliably, regularly, frequently and with multiple snapshot
- We will do it unobtrusively and give you a little reassuring reminder notification that all is OK/backed up when the job is done.
PS: 5 star will come in when the little config hiccups are ironed out.
Don’t think twice about it, you will like it.