Horizon - Horizontal Video Photo Recorder with 2K Resolution, Slow Motion, Filters, Sharing, Tilt to Zoom
By Horizon Video Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▶ Horizon 2.0 is here! Photo support, Slow Motion¹, 2K recording²! ◀
Featured in Engadget, TechCrunch, The Next Web, Gizmodo, Wired, AppAdvice, Cult of Mac, TUAW and part of Apple’s 'Amazing Photo + Video Apps' bundle!
“We just wish Apple and Google had bundled this as standard." - Engadget
"Brilliant, Overdue App Forces Your Phone to Take Horizontal Videos" - Gizmodo
"You owe it to yourself to check out the new Horizon app for iOS." - AppAdvice
"Horizon App Solves the Dumbest Thing About Smartphone Video" - WIRED
"Horizon will eliminate portrait recording forever" - TUAW
"Horizon for iOS means no more vertical videos" - The Next Web
Horizon lets you record horizontal videos and photos no matter how you hold your device. Hold it upright, sideways or even keep rotating it while capturing, your captured moment will always stay horizontal! You can add filters, shoot with the back or front camera and share your creations!
Ever felt you had to rotate your device while recording a video? Do you often end up with vertical videos or videos in wrong orientation? Enter Horizon!
Horizon works like magic! It auto-levels your photos and videos while recording, using your device’s gyroscope. The resulting orientation is corrected so that it always stays parallel to the ground.
With Horizon you can help bring an end to the Vertical Videos Syndrome. Yes, you can now record horizontal videos, while holding your device in portrait mode!
▶ Capture horizontal videos & photos
▶ Multiple resolutions including VGA, HD, Full HD and even 2K!²
▶ 60 and 120 FPS support (slow motion)¹
▶ Three leveling modes: Flex, Rotate and Locked
▶ Tap and hold to slow down your 120 FPS videos!
▶ Lossless zoom with the all new ‘Crisp’ resolutions!³
▶ AirPlay mirroring while recording
▶ Various aspect ratios (Square 1:1, Wide 16:9, Standard 4:3)
▶ Record videos and photos with front or back camera
▶ Eight fun filters to choose from
▶ Video Library with clever item selection
▶ Share your creations to your favorite social network
▶ Open your videos in other apps
▶ Select Video Quality to save space (High, Medium, Low)
▶ AF/AE Lock
iPhone 4 and iPad 2 models are not officially supported due to low performance.
¹ 120 FPS recording is supported in iPhone 5S, 60 FPS recording is supported in iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.
² For all of the supported devices Horizon offers the following options: 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x640, 640x480 and 480x480. iPhone 4S & iPad Mini 1st generation support up to HD recording (1280x720). Horizon offers extra resolutions for iPhone 5S users, supporting up to 2K!
³ ‘Crisp’ resolutions are currently only supported in iPhone 5S.
What's New in Version 3.0
Horizon 3.0 is here!
* Horizon is now a freemium app! If you have bought the app before it went free: We love you and as a big thank you, you will have Horizon Premium unlocked forever!
* For the rest of you, we love you too! You will be able to shoot videos with unlimited duration and take photos but some of the more features such as 60 FPS, slow-motion, 2K videos will be available via IAP.
* HDR is now here! If you run iOS8+ then you will be also able to shoot HDR photos!
* If you have denied Horizon access to your camera or microphone, then you will be greeted by our new permission manager! He is cool, don't worry!
* You can now capture portrait or landscape photos with just a tap! You final photos will always be parallel to the horizon!
* Photos are now being captured only when focused is complete
* Swiping from the edges does not change capture mode but instead lets you open notification center and mission control
* Horizon now remembers the last captured mode, so you will now return to the photo mode if you left your app there!
* Warning when trying to email assets with total filesize > 10Mb
* Noticeable performance improvements
* Several bug fixes
If you enjoy using Horizon, please take a minute to leave a nice review or rating in the App Store. If you’ve reviewed or rated a previous version of Horizon please resubmit it as ratings are reset with each new update.
Thank you for your support!
AE/AF not working
The app is very neat and works pretty well but I cannot get AE and AF to work properly on my iPhone 6. It locks the focus and exposure pretty much all the time even when it's set to automatic and I have to keep tapping the screen to update focus and exposure. When I was able to get AE to work the AF stayed locked. Another thing I noticed is that stabilization doesn't work as well as the iOS camera app. If all the bugs were fixed this would be an amazing app. Right now I can only use it if I don't need exposure and focus to change while recording.
One huge issue.
I love the app, works great. Except there is one really troubling issue with it. Sometimes it doesn't record the sound. Silent. That's it. And of course one has no idea that there was no sound recorded until he watches the clip back. Happened to me several times already. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Otherwise really cool. Especially that one can use real time filters. (Would be nice if the app always remembered what filter was used last time).
Great app if it would auto focus.
I have used this app several times but when you put it in your shirt pocket to record hands free it won't focus on anything. All I got was a blurry video. Only after I tapped the screen did it focus but when I changed views it was blurry again.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 11, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Horizon Video Technologies Inc.
- © Horizon Video Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove watermark$0.99