Horizon Camera - Horizontal video photo capture with effects, sharing, slo-mo, HDR, 2K support
By Horizon Video Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Engadget, TechCrunch, The Next Web, Gizmodo, Wired, AppAdvice, Cult of Mac, TUAW!
“We just wish Apple and Google had bundled this as standard." - Engadget
"Brilliant, Overdue App Forces Your Phone to Take Horizontal Videos" - Gizmodo
"You owe it to yourself to check out the new Horizon app for iOS." - AppAdvice
"Horizon App Solves the Dumbest Thing About Smartphone Video" - WIRED
"Horizon will eliminate portrait recording forever" - TUAW
"Horizon for iOS means no more vertical videos" - The Next Web
Horizon lets you record horizontal videos and photos no matter how you hold your device. Hold it upright, sideways or even keep rotating it while capturing, your captured moments will always stay horizontal! You can add filters, shoot with the back or front camera and share your creations!
Ever felt the need to rotate your device while recording a video? Do you often end up with vertical videos or videos in wrong orientation? Meet Horizon!
Horizon works like magic! It auto-levels your photos and videos while recording, using your device’s gyroscope. The resulting orientation is corrected so that it always stays parallel to the ground. It's like a pro gimbal rig in your hand!
With Horizon you can help bring an end to the Vertical Videos Syndrome. Yes, you can now record horizontal videos, even while holding your device in portrait mode!
▶ Capture horizontal videos & photos
▶ Multiple resolutions including VGA, HD, Full HD and even 2K!²
▶ 60 and 120 (slow motion) FPS support¹
▶ Three leveling modes: Flex, Rotate and Locked
▶ HDR photos
▶ Tap and hold to slow down your 120 FPS videos!
▶ Lossless zoom with the all new ‘Crisp’ resolutions!³
▶ AirPlay mirroring while recording
▶ Various video aspect ratios (Square 1:1, Wide 16:9, Standard 4:3)
▶ Record videos and photos with front or back camera
▶ Eight fun filters to choose from
▶ Video Library with clever item selection
▶ Share your creations to your favorite social network
▶ Open your videos in other apps
▶ Select Video Quality to save space (High, Medium, Low)
▶ AF/AE Lock
¹ For all of the supported devices Horizon offers five options: 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x640, 640x480 and 480x480. iPhone 4S & iPad Mini 1st generation support up to HD recording (1280x720). Horizon offers extra resolutions for iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users, supporting up to 2K (2592x1936) resolution!
² 120 FPS recording is supported in iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, 60 FPS recording is supported in iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
³ ‘Crisp’ resolutions are currently only supported in iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Meet the all new and quite handy today widget! You can now launch Horizon right from your lock screen! Just swipe down for Notification Center and tap on the Video, Photo or Rec button for instant capture!
• Facebook Messenger integration is here! Just tap on the Messenger icon after shooting a video or taking a photo and you can share it to your Facebook friends just like that!
• Photo orientation has become even smarter: With the automatic photo orientation, Horizon now automatically picks the right photo orientation based on how you hold you device!
• Italian localization has been redone from the ground up. Thank you for you feedback Thomas & Alexia!
• Weird bug regarding save and share options in library has been resolved and you can thank Maureen & Philippe for spotting it!
• Is the location permission missing? Tap on the 'Check permissions' option in Settings. Thanks for the great feedback Philippe!
• Bugfixes and performance optimizations
Have NOT tried app yet. 5 Stars for Demo Video at Developer's Site!!!
I'm a little afraid to test this out on my iPhone 6+ given emilkostov's review. But the app developers seem to sincerely want to improve it (read notes in version updates) and seem to listen to users...so I visited their website. Maybe app development is only a part-time business for them?
The Demo video shown on their website is absolutely hilarious!!! (Scroll down while in Details view while you're viewing this app at the App Store...then tap on the Developer's tab to get to their site.)
Awesome demo video and funny & professional too! You should add it to the app store's screens at top.
So I'm waiting to test out the app...but that's why it's great you can try it for free...and pay later to remove the watermark if you love it.
iPhone 6 Plus
The idea for the app is great but it's a bit laggy in action. Also, for some reason the video quality is significantly blurrier than the video quality from the stock camera. Not sure why.
No tiene mucho misterio, pero si pudiera arreglar vídeos del carrete fuera excelente
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 17, 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Horizon Video Technologies Inc.
- © Horizon Video Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove watermark$0.99