Hornet makes it fun and easy for gay, bi, and curious guys to connect with each other. Find great guys to keep in touch with, in this FREE gay app that is beyond dating!
With 25 million users, Hornet is the largest true social network for gay men. Hornet makes it easy for users to authentically connect with others who have similar interests and are looking to date, make friends or just find people in a new city.
Users can create interactive profiles, read headlines that affect the gay community, and utilize a city guide written by and for other gay men to help users find hidden gems and the best underground events in their own neighborhood or when traveling.
Hornet was built by gay men to create the hottest online community and has, unlike other apps, most features already free, such as hundreds of profiles views. Tell everyone how much you like this in the app store reviews. We love positive feedback!
* SOCIAL PROFILES, let you discover guys with the same interests and keep in touch and update with the FOLLOW feature. See what’s new from the men you follow and the top stories of the day.
* Join communities: Hashtags let you connect with gay #geeks #jocks #gaymers #twinks #travelers #foodies #writers #daddies
* See MORE GUYS by moving your virtual location--explore another part of the city or across the world! Be anywhere you want with a drop of a pin!
* See profiles with MULTIPLE PICTURES!
* FORWARD PROFILES to friends who might be interested, because sharing is caring!
TRAVELING soon? Use the simple Explore feature to mingle with gay guys before you are there!
* Don’t just take our opinion for it, CITY GUIDES let you read reviews by real people posted by other explorers to get the best inside scoop.
* Get a push notification when someone sends you a message or a heart! FREE!
* Use the NOTES feature to jot down fun facts about a guy. Recalling his name just got simpler!
See someone you like? Send a quick hello with the HEART feature!
* FILTER and dial in on the type of gay men you like.
* Hornet runs the largest LGBT newsroom in the world, with editors and team members reporting from around the globe.
* Know your Status (KYS) lets you share your HIV status and reminds you when it’s time to get tested.
* Create a profile, upload your pics, and see why Hornet is designed for gay guys like you!
* Have we mentioned you can see gay guys ANYWHERE in the world without needing to be there?
Hornet Premium Subscription
Hornet is the Gay app with the most free features! Help support us buy purchasing a premium subscription.
- You can subscribe to all the Hornet Premium Content and features for fixed periods or subscribe for a low monthly rate!
- Hornet provides flexible subscription options to suit your needs starting as low as $7.99 per month!
- Hornet Premium can be bought for fixed periods (3 or 12 months) or save yourself the hassle of renewing by subscribing at a low monthly rate.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- If you pick the subscription option it automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
You must be 18 or older to use this application.
We're excited to introduce Version 5 - a major update that makes it easier than ever to connect in more meaningful ways!
It all starts with the new home experience: a personalized feed bringing together content from guys you follow and in your local area, influential queer voices, community contributors and our award-winning editorial staff.
Next, take the conversation public with comments. Jump in and share your opinion with guys around the world on everything from trending Stories to Moments from guys you follow.
The new captions feature gives life to Moments, enabling you to paint a more complete and authentic picture of your daily life.
Finally, kick off each day with The Daily Sting, a digest of the most important headlines curated by our editorial team and delivered directly to your feed.
With V5, we're giving you more ways than ever to meet guys and make connections.
(As always, we've also fixed some bugs and made performance improvements)
Ratings and Reviews
Among the Worst Gay “Social” Apps
Seriously ranks among the worst gay “social” apps ... only download this if you want your in-box to be constantly hit with messages from bots advertising other websites and apps ... oh, and the paid advertising messages too.
Tragic and horrible and a waste of time - the developers clearly have no filters in place to detect fake / spam accounts and asking users to police accounts for them is a joke ... after flagging 25 profiles and deleting / blocking spam messages, now I’m barraged with messages from the “moderator” thanking me for reporting and that they’ve identified the problem and fixing it.
Too late! This morning’s latest onslaught of spam messages - deleting my profile and uninstalling! Wish I could give less than 1 star - DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HORNET ... guess I’ll stick with the original, old school Grind’r
We are sorry about the spam messages on Hornet. Fixing the problem is our top priority and we are working around the clock to fix it.
Spam bots galore
Lately the only messages I’ve been getting are from people somewhere past 7,000 miles away that want me to “find them” on another site. Or they are in the military in Africa but will be home soon. Or offering to put a decal on my car for $400 a week with a fake cashiers check. Or wanting to exchange sex for money. Anyone I’ve messaged does not respond, and the ones that have need money or a place to stay. This used to be a decent app. Now not so much. I’m about to delete this app because of the spam. Just like 99% is spam. And it seems to be more that I report it. Oh that’s it the developer is being paid to allow the spamming and the reported profiles are tagged with who reported it and they get the most spam. I get it now! Shady shady af
So as we know many of these apps are created by gay men. The set up their rules and standards. Grindr is another like this. So you have probably some gay dude who only allows what he thinks as hot and sexy to post full body in only underwear showing but if someone who isn’t ripped who does a full body in underwear they violate the rules. I went through and sound countless sexually explicit photos for public view. Also so note these explicit photos were of really hot guys. Well I guess that the biz if you want to attract guys to your app you need to put the meat out there. Hornet your no different than Grindr. Whoever is approving the profiles and photos is probably jerking off to the hot guys and denying the average guy to post similar pics.
- Able Gear Limited
- 52.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © 2018 Hornet Networks Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Hornet Premium $9.99
- 3 Months $21.99
- Hornet Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.