Hosts Monitor is the perfect and essential network utility to help you to keep an eye on your favorite network device, servers, websites on the go. It provides frequently used tools such as Ping, URLs Monitor and Ports Scanner.
Hosts Monitor lets you monitor what services are listening on your host to make sure that no service ports are open when they shouldn't be.
You can easily monitor the performance of your website, your personal server or your network device at the same time with our simple interface.
Hosts Monitor provides the easiest way to diagnose any problem watching your hosts even in background. 
The app is a must have for every network/system administrator
• Monitor Ports, Pings and URLs/Hostname or IP address.
• The app uses an ad-hoc monitoring engine so that you get the most accurate results. 
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Store your Hosts List for frequently used hosts.
• Store your Services List per Host for frequently used services
• Display common used ports
• Background Monitoring (Premium Users only)
• Live Monitoring (Premium Users only)
• Keep an eye on your hosts even while you are not using the app thank to iOS Background Fetch feature. 
• Support Upgrade to Premium Version.
• Premium users can get interactive notification, with options to remind later or ignore for the day, when a test fails and you are not using the app 
• Really easy to use, no need to set any account or complex settings to be able to use it.
• Use Hosts Monitor custom URL Scheme and Query to integrate your app or web pages with Hosts Monitor.
• Green: means host is available and all services test succeeded
• Red: means host is not available and all services test failed
• Orange: means something is wrong, host is not available and/or not all services test succeeded.
YOUR FAVOURITES HOSTS & SERVICES:
• Store your favourites Hosts List.
• Store every associated Services for each host for frequently used services.
• Add ports from the common used ports list
Add Hosts Monitor to Today Extension to easily run your top tests on the go. You can use it without open the app.
This is the best and quickest way to check on your hosts even while you are device is locked.
Run all tests will take just few seconds.
BACKGROUND MONITORING (Premium Users Only):
• Upgrade to Premium and Keep an eye on your hosts even while you are not using the app thank to iOS Background Fetch feature. 
• Premium users can get interactive notifications when a test fails and you are not using the app, with options to remind you later or ignore the failure for the entire day 
LIVE MONITORING (Premium Users Only):
• Upgrade to Premium and when Hosts Monitor is open, Live Monitoring automatically refresh the status of all your hosts based on the time frame you have selected in the settings.
• This feature works only when the app is in foreground.
CUSTOM URL SCHEME:
• To allow your app or web page to call Hosts Monitor and send data to it, use it as follow:
The free version of the app displays ads. Those will be removed when upgrading to the Premium Version via In-App Purchase.
For any issue please don't leave comments in the review, as I am unable to track them. Please contact me directly via Twitter @petrungarof or http://redplumber.com
Follow me on twitter to stay up to date with the latest news about the app @petrungarof.
 Upgrade to Premium to monitor more than 2 hosts and 3 services at the same time in the app and in the Today Extension. Receive Push Notifications and Ads free.
 Background Refreshes are triggered throughout the day by the operating system and as such may be unpredictable. It works when the app is in background, however it depends on various things, battery life, network availability, app usage and more.
Fixed some UI issues with iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool. But alerts are missing.
Feature request: ability to sort server list and be able to view more servers in one page view. Perhaps have different views so we can see just a smaller view.
Unless you are able to watch the host monitor full time, you really need alerts sent to email, mms, and pop up messages. This tool does a great job and has a great user interface. It's just missing the alert capabilities.
Update: tried contacting support but web site form not working.
Yesterday I got the ios10 update and also the latest update for host monitor (color blind). Now the app won't work. It's more buggy than ever. I try to turn off background but it won't save. It won't refresh in forground either.
Not working at all
Can't resolve the host name, perform the test at all
Nice servers monitor
I have to say, what a nice tool to keep an eye on my servers. I use it in my company as monitor for all our endpoints
- Francesco Petrungaro
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Francesco Petrungaro
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.