By Gano Technologies LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Hot Air has been featured in the Ballooning Journal twice! (May/June 2012 and Jan/Feb 2014) ***
Hot Air is a flight logging and tracking application made especially for hot air balloon pilots! It's like having a log book and data recorder in your pocket! Hot air is loaded with lots of different features; many based on pilot feedback from around the world.
- Real-time tracking! Great for improving situationally awareness, see your current location on a map or satellite imagery
- Offline maps available (NEW!)
- Record your entire flight path (you can even turn your screen off during recording)! Then you can export your flight to your computer and view it in 3D using Google Earth
- KML overlays! Add custom overlay data to the real-time flight maps (can be used to map out electric lines, friendly or unfriendly places to land, denoting special airspaces, include information such as radio frequencies or phone numbers, etc.).
- Wind data tracking - records wind speed and direction at the various altitudes as you fly
- Integration of the Glympse location sharing service to allow ground crew, family, or others to track your flight in real-time. They can track you using almost any device with a data connection.
- Flight Log- the log makes it easy to track information common to all pilots such as crew members, passengers, maximum envelope temperature, and propane used. The log also makes saving takeoff and landing locations convenient, thanks to the iPhone’s GPS or triangulation capabilities; plus, it has a "favorites" list for takeoff locations. The log can also aid in flight planning and separates future flights from past flights using a simple color-coding scheme.
- Flight Data Summary: this tab quickly tallies flights and hours flown. The summary includes a total of all flights or just the ones made within the past 90 days.
- Summary Map: on the map tab, the logged flights that have a saved takeoff and landing location can be plotted and compared on an interactive map
- Data export: export your flight log in HTML and KML (for viewing in Google Earth)
- Data backup and restore - to be certain your data is safe!
- Comprehensive payload calculator
- View weather conditions and forecasts from within the app
- Universal app - works on iPad (landscape and portrait) as well as the iPhone and iPod touch!
- Facebook integration - it is easy to post a quick summary of your latest flight to Facebook and even includes a link to a map!
- Real-time tracking heading projection-line option
This app includes translations in English, French, Czech, and Slovak!
Note: During real-time flight mode the GPS is continuously running in the background which can significantly decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.0
- Export/import a single flight track from one device to another (available in the share options of the Flight Track Details view)
- Export flight tracks as .GPX (GPS Exchange Format)
- Display a map scale option (default this is turned on)
- Option to get a confirmation dialog when ending a flight recording to prevent accidentally stopping a recording. (default this is off)
- Added more KML sharing options for Flight Track export (e.g., iMessage, Airdrop, etc.); now it isn't as specific to sharing with just the Google Earth app.
- Fixed Glympse crashes when loading contacts information (in iOS 10+)
The must-have app for aeronauts!
"Hot Air" just keeps getting better! In my opinion, the Hot Air app is a must-have for all aeronauts — providing invaluable flight info and logging! Kudos to the developer — I can't wait to see what functionality and enhancements arrive in the future. Thanks!
Combines real time tracking with logging and documentation - sharing the track as a 3D Google Earth display really wows the crew, passengers and student pilots.
Love the product. Nice to be able to run on both iPad and iPhone.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 15, 2017
- Version: 10.0
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, Slovak, Spanish
- Seller: Gano Technologies LLC
- © Shawn E. Gano
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Offline Map Subscription$2.99