Hot Body Yoga
By Rodale Inc. Digital
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tone your body, tame your mind, and fry fat on the mat.
These simple yoga routines from the fitness experts at Women’s Health magazine build peace of mind and a better body! Whether you want to fry fat, conquer stress, increase your energy, or beat the blues, HOT BODY YOGA contains a sequence to help you meet your goal.
New to yoga? No problem. Our yoga experts guide you through each sequence, helping you understand the practical benefits of every moves. Detailed audio step-by-step instructions make learning yoga easy, fun, and practical.
Sculpt your body and squelch stress with HOT BODY YOGA.
* 12 workouts
* Audio instructor delivers detailed and clear instructions for each pose
* Select workouts based on goals, level of difficulty, or duration
* Preview and practice poses before you start for a seamless session
* Use the pause function to review text instructions, steps, and tips
* A countdown timer helps you transition between poses
* Add notes after completing each session
* A yoga log automatically records the number of poses and sequences completed, along with total time
* E-mail your yoga logs for review later
**FIX IT WITH YOGA**
Yoga offers solutions for every problem and can help you meet any goal. Download HOT BODY YOGA for these and results-oriented sequences:
* Best sequence for anxiety: STAMP OUT STRESS– Under pressure? These poses will take the edge off.
* Best sequence for healing injuries: BOUNCE BACK ASAP – Soothing poses that alleviate knee, ankle, and shoulder pain.
* Best sequence for joint stiffness: LEAN AND LIMBER – Loosen up with moves designed to boost mobility and flexibility
* Best sequence for the time-crunched: FAST TRACK TO FIT – Get speedier results by adding these quick to the end of your cardio or strength workout.
* Best sequence for muscle weakness: Strong and Slim Silhouette – Tone up by adding dumbbells to your yoga routine.
* Best sequence for poor posture: STRAIGHTEN OUT –Slouchers will stand taller after mastering this sequence.
* Best sequence for weight-loss: TORCH CALORIES QUICK –This active sequence of yoga flows — a form called vinyasa — burns more than 450 calories an hour
Automatically downloads updates unless changed in Settings.
What's New in Version 1.1
Upgraded images, bug fixes
Yoga equals relax+exercise. This app is not yoga. It's just exercise with yoga poses. The whole time I did the workouts, I didn't feel relaxed. That might be because I had NO IDEA what I was supposed to be doing. Yes, the app explained how to do the poses, but the person in the picture should have moved so that I could tell what she was talking about. Reading the reviews it turns out the exercises were bad anyways. The only exercise that felt ok to me (notice it's just ok) was the quick calorie burner thing, but the rest sucked. If you want a REAL yoga app, (Aka relaxation + exercise) try simply yoga.
Close to Awesome
There is a lot that is great about this app. Visually, it's clean and sleek.
What it's missing are a warm-up sequence and a playlist feature where you could stack up some of the individual workouts to play back to back.
Also, the poses are each explained well and held for a nice length of time. But they don't flow smoothly from one to the next within the workout sequence. So the workout is slightly more jarring than a yoga class should be.
If those things were changed (hint, hint, developers), I would give this app five stars. Even in its current state, it's a good app.
Has never worked! Crashes!
I recently re-installed this app because I couldn't get it to open without crashing. After re-installing, it STILL crashes every time I open it. I have never been able to keep it open long enough to view a single workout. I have all of the current updates for the iPhone and I'm very sad that this app still doesn't work. Don't waste your time until they fix all the bugs!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 07, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © @2010 Rodale
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.