Hotspot Shield VPN Proxy is the world’s most trusted security and privacy app. Protect yourself from cyber threats with a simple tap of the screen. Get Hotspot Shield VPN proxy today!
► FASTEST VPN SERVERS
Connect to over 2,500 fast VPN servers in 25 countries to keep your internet connection protected from cybercriminals.
► SECURE VPN CONNECTION
Protect your privacy by connecting to our fully owned VPN servers, or upgrade to our Premium subscription for more features.
► PATENTED VPN TECHNOLOGY
Get the VPN with over 30 patents that optimize your server connection for faster speeds and stronger security.
► BROWSE SECURELY
Stay secure with military-grade encrypted traffic between your device and our servers while connected with Hotspot Shield VPN.
► STAY PRIVATE
Your privacy is our mission. Connect to any of our reliable VPN servers, and know that we do not keep any logs of your activity.
► NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Use all the basic features of the app without having to sign up, register, or enter your credit card.
See why millions of users trust Hotspot Shield VPN - Get it today!
■ Hotspot Shield VPN Premium service includes:
- 7-day free trial: free of charge; no commitment; cancel anytime.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
- Length of subscription: one year; six months; one month.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Price of subscription: one-year plan: $5.99/mo; six-month plan: $8.99/mo; monthly plan: $12.99/mo.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
■ Hotspot Shield VPN is powered by AnchorFree™
AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. AnchorFree provides millions of users with online security and privacy through its most popular VPN product - Hotspot Shield.
Terms of Service: https://www.hotspotshield.com/terms/
Copyright © 2018 AnchorFree, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
In this update, we optimized your VPN connection for better speed and reliability. We also fixed a few things to make the app easier to use.
Thank you for using Hotspot Shield VPN!
Ratings and Reviews
A constant battle while in China
The VPN worked fine at home in the US, but not while I actually needed it. In Shanghai and Qingdao I needed to use the VPN for accessing any websites, translator apps, etc. that I could normally from home. It took me at least 10 minutes to get it to work every time, closing and restarting the app, trying from different servers *if* it connected, and often being told I had no internet (with three full WiFi bars) or that they were diagnosing problems & to try again later... which still didn’t work after 24 hours. Overall I was lucky if it even worked at all, let alone for longer than 5 minutes. It would often drop me from my WiFi as it “connected”, repeatedly, and caused me to go back through the whole process mentioned above every five minutes (or less!) I had success with this VPN only twice for 30 minutes; but it was hell to get it there. To think I payed $13 for this kind of hassle. What a waste.
Works most of the time, some minor issues
This works a majority of the time, with some minor issues that you can fix yourself if needed.
Sometimes the VPN takes forever to connect, or secures your LTE/3g connection instead of the WiFi, even when you’re connected to the WiFi. Other times it secures the connection, but the download and upload are extremely slow and never improve. If any of this happens, usually a reinstall does the trick.
One other issue is when you walk away from the WiFi you have secured, it usually glitches out the app and your network in general. It usually fixes itself, but if not, a reinstall or network setting reset fixes this issue.
One thing I’d like to see with this app is a way to cancel a connection you’re attempting. Sometimes I accidentally reconnect after disconnecting and I have to wait for it to reconnect again before I can get out.
When it works this VPN barely hits my performance and I trust their payment model enough to believe they aren’t selling my data. That being said, the VPN itself is so unstable I wonder how much security I’m actually gaining. Two issues here:
1) The VPN randomly drops connection when online, and though it resets, I am obviously losing VPN status which I assume allows the sites I’m visiting to log my IP and activity while it’s down.
2) It’s hard to turn off. There are obviously circumstances where a VPN isn’t needed or desired, especially a free one. However, when I try to turn it off, this VPN often switches back on by itself and I cannot get it to remain off. In fact this is my second download. I deleted it the first time to see if that would fix the issue. However I see that I’m not the only one having that issue.
Pro tip: don’t rely on this if you have something truly sensitive flowing over your traffic.
- AnchorFree Inc.
- 66.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Indonesian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AnchorFree, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly VPN Subscription $12.99
- Elite subscription $11.99
- Dedicated Servers Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.