Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Houdini is a free Mac menu bar utility that hides applications which have been inactive for a certain period of time. Stay focused and clutter-free with Houdini.
• A simple interface that lets you change settings in seconds.
• Configure settings on a per-application basis.
• Quickly show any hidden application from the menu bar.
• Temporarily disable Houdini from hiding windows at the application level, or altogether.
• Disable Houdini from hiding certain applications by clicking on it's icon or dragging the time slider to zero.
What's New in Version 1.3
• When clicking an application's icon or dragging it's time slider to zero, Houdini will no longer attempt to hide that application. Its icon will appear greyed out, and the time delay will read 'Never'.
• All graphics are now retina ready!
• Added a proper hover effect for the 'view' icon.
• Made some tweaks to hopefully sort out an issue where Houdini would not resume on restart.
Just what I have been looking for!
I have been looking for a way to declutter my desktop for a long time and just ran into this app. I fired it up and walked away from my Mac for a bit. I came back and the 20-or-so windows I had open were all hidden, leaving me with a clean desktop. Thanks to Nial for making this application and at a price you can't beat!
The best thing to ever exist
This is the greatest thing ever created. I am not in anyway affiliated with whomever made it. I just downloaded it and let it do it's thing (oh…there it goes now…all my other windows just disappeared) and it's been amazing. It's just the best thing that's ever come into this world. And I'm a father. So….yikes!
Does exactly as advertised
Great app for keeping unused apps in the background. I would appreciate having an option to exit an app from full screen mode so that it is completely hidden, then return it to full screen once it's activated. Also, a hotkey to toggle the app on and off.