HOUND Voice Search & Assistant
By SoundHound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hound is the best way to search using your natural voice.
What do we mean by natural voice? Instead of talking like a search query "OK Hound… Find Chinese restaurants", just ask "OK Hound… What are the top rated Chinese restaurants near me?" You'll be amazed at the lightning-fast response.
Want to try something more advanced? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request. Give this a shot: "OK Hound… Find Asian restaurants rated 4 stars or more within walking distance of Times Square and exclude Chinese, Korean, and Thai"
But Hound isn't limited to restaurants and coffee shops. Use Hound to:
Search, discover, and play music:
- “OK Hound... What song is playing?”
- “OK Hound... Play the top hits by Echo & the Bunnymen”
Research and get trivia answers quickly:
- “OK Hound... When was Alexa Alemanni born?"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the constellation Lyra"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the Amazon River"
Set alarms and timers:
- "OK Hound… Set an alarm for 7am every weekday"
- "OK Hound… Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
Get the latest news:
- “OK Hound… Show me the latest news headlines”
- “OK Hound… Play me the latest news from NPR”
- “OK Hound… What is stock price of Amazon?”
Call, text, navigate handsfree:
- “OK Hound… Call Alexa at work"
- “OK Hound… Text Jeff ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’”
- “OK Hound… Show me directions to the nearest Whole Foods”
Get the weather forecast:
- “OK Hound… What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “OK Hound… How about in Seattle in two weeks?”
Plan a night out at the movies:
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "OK Hound… What are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing in IMAX?"
Book an Uber:
- "OK Hound… How much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "OK Hound… Get an Uber to the nearest movie theater"
Search for hotels and plan your travel:
- “OK Hound… Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
Numbers, calculations, and even mortgage estimates:
- “OK Hound… What is a prime number?”
- “OK Hound… What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "OK Hound… Split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip"
- "OK Hound… What's the monthly payment for a $500,000 house with 20% down?"
What will you use Hound for?
End User Agreement: http://www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
What's New in Version 1.8.2
+iOS 11 support, sports improvements, & bug fixes
Expand your sports knowledge by saying "OK Hound..."
"Who are the San Francisco 49ers playing in their next home game?"
"When do the Bills play the Dolphins?”
"What’s the Bills record?"
"What place are they in?"
"Show me the NFC East standings"
"Who's in 2nd and 3rd place in the AFC West and South?"
"What was the score in the 1968 Super Bowl?"
"Who's number 12 on the Patriots and how much does he weigh?"
"How many passing yards and completed passes did Aaron Rodgers have in 2016 and 2015?"
Thank you for using Hound — the fastest and most accurate voice assistant! We update our app frequently to squash bugs, improve speed, and provide a more robust experience so you can get more done throughout the day.
Have some feedback? It’s always welcome: email@example.com
Look out Siri
Blows Siri away with the ability to understand certain queries and specific follow-up questions with proper context.
App is great but the voice sounds annoying
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 26, 2017
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 66.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2016 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.