HOUND Voice Search & Assistant
By SoundHound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hound is the best way to search using your natural voice.
What do we mean by natural voice? Instead of talking like a search query "OK Hound…find Chinese restaurants", just ask "OK Hound… what are the top rated Chinese restaurants near me?" You'll be amazed at the lightning-fast response.
Want to try something more advanced? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request. Give this a shot: "OK Hound… find Asian restaurants rated 4 stars or more within walking distance of Times Square and exclude Chinese, Korean, and Thai."
But Hound isn't limited to restaurants and coffee shops. Use Hound to:
Search, discover, and play music
- “OK Hound... what song is playing?”
- “OK Hound... play the top hits by Echo & the Bunnymen”
Research and get trivia answers quickly:
- “OK Hound... when was Alexa Alemanni born?"
- “OK Hound... tell me about the constellation Lyra."
- “OK Hound... tell me about the Amazon River."
Set alarms and timers
- "OK Hound… set an alarm for 7am every weekday."
- "OK Hound… set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
Get the latest news
- “OK Hound… show me the latest news headlines.”
- “OK Hound… play me the latest news from NPR.”
- “OK Hound… what is stock price of Amazon?”
Call, text, navigate handsfree
- “OK Hound… call Alexa at work."
- “OK Hound… text Jeff ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’.”
- “OK Hound… show me directions to the nearest Whole Foods.”
Get the weather forecast
- “OK Hound… what’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “OK Hound… How about in Seattle in two weeks?”
Plan a night out at the movies
- "OK Hound… what movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "OK Hound… what are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "OK Hound… what movies are playing in IMAX?"
Book an Uber
- "OK Hound… how much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "OK Hound… get an Uber to the nearest movie theater."
Search for hotels and plan your travel
- “OK Hound… show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275.”
Numbers, calculations, and even mortgage estimates!
- “OK Hound… what is a prime number?”
- “OK Hound… what is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "OK Hound… split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip."
- "OK Hound… what's the monthly mortgage payment for a $500,000 house with a 30 year mortgage at 4.2% and down payment of $100,000?
What will you use Hound for?
End User Agreement: http://www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Thank you for using Hound — the fastest and most accurate voice assistant! We update our app frequently to squash bugs, improve speed, and provide a more robust experience so you can get more done throughout the day.
Have some feedback? It’s always welcome: email@example.com
Hound Is a Great Assistant
I like Hound because it is very responsive and intelligent. I love the "Ok Hound" feature, but unfortunately you have to be on the app to be able to use it. I like the answers but I wish this assistant had more of a personality like Cortana or even Siri. I wish it was able to know your name and knew that (example): Holly is your Aunt. Overall I like this app and it has so much to offer
Amazing in the car
My go-to app in the car. Navigation is fantastic. Using the follow up a lot... show me x address, show me parking lots near there... navigate to the second one. Voice dialing and music/NPR news are awesome.
Very fast and accurate.
It's a lot more responsive
When I first started using the app, it didn't seem to be much different than the google feature but now it works really smoothly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 67.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2016 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.