Hours Time Tracking
By Hours, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hours is the time tracker you will actually use.
"The Perfect iPhone Time Tracking App" - Forbes
"Surprisingly pleasant to use…well-thought-out interface" - TechCrunch
“The world’s easiest way of tracking your time.” - 9to5Mac
Best New Apps - Apple
With a visual timeline, smart reminders, detailed reporting, and an interface crafted by and Apple Design Award winning team, Hours turns a tedious process into — dare we say — an enjoyable one.
Time tracking seems like it should be easy…and it would be, if we were all robots. Unfortunately, humans tend to have problems with
1. Forgetting to track your time in the first place
2. Forgetting to note when you change tasks
3. Forgetting to stop a timer after you start one
So Hours lets you:
• Set smart reminders to nag you at just the right times to start and stop your timers
• Start/stop/switch timers with one tap (now even from the home screen with 3D Touch)
• Use the visual timeline to easily identify and correct mistakes
• Set rounding rules to round time to whatever interval you are used to — 6 minutes, 15 minutes, and more
• Quickly see on a calendar view which days you tracked time and which days you forgot
• Track your time by clients, projects, and tasks if you need to
• Add notes to your time entries
• View on-screen reports in the app, or email detailed CSV or PDF reports
New in 2.0:
• Sync your time with Hours on the web, where you can track time from your desktop and view beautiful reports
• Now your whole team can use Hours to track, report, and analyze time
Please email us if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the app: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hours Pro subscription, which provides additional reporting options, costs $7.99 per month. The subscription will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account and will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Though your subscription for the current month cannot be canceled, you can turn auto-renewal off in your account settings after purchase. See instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Terms of Service: https://hourstimetracking.com/terms-of-service/
What's New in Version 2.8.11
What’s new? We’re glad you asked!
• The “Quick-Entry” feature – Sore fingertips are for quilters and guitar students. Instead of multiple taps to adjust the start and end points of a timer, simply choose the desired digits from a numeric picker and spare your digits from the burden of endless tapping.
• Your preferences are now cached in memory so you can access them faster.
• You know how Reports were sometimes delayed while data was loading? We fixed that.
• The timeline can now update during sync – even if you’re on a slow-ish network.
back to the best
I started with this app a long time ago, was a happy user, then had to abandon it when it started acting up in some of the ways to which other users have attested. I contacted support but didn't see the main issue I was having (overlaps I couldn't get rid of) go away. So I reluctantly switched to a different and app. Finding the replacement program lacking after several months' use, I contacted Hours customer support about my issues to see if there might have been any updates that could have addressed them, and was encouraged to try Hours again. I've been using it continuously since April, and it's now working as advertised. I do still occasionally get unintended overlaps when switching tasks or changing labels for a task -- it seems to happen when my internet connection is slow and the sync lags a bit. But such overlaps are rare and easy to locate and correct. I use the program to track my work as an academic in the humanities, so I can't comment the team features, but for solo time tracking this is the best I've used. I've tried half a dozen time tracking apps over the years. The closest competitor I've worked with is Toggl, but in my view Hours wins handily.
Bait and switch to monthly subscription
The "free" is just a bait and switch to their pro version with monthly pricing. I have no problem paying for an app but a monthly subscription is unnecessary.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 2.8.11
- Size: 55.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Hours, LLC
- © Hours, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hours Pro Subscription$7.99