Hours Time Tracking
By Hours, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hours is the time tracker you will actually use.
"The Perfect iPhone Time Tracking App" - Forbes
"Surprisingly pleasant to use…well-thought-out interface" - TechCrunch
“The world’s easiest way of tracking your time.” - 9to5Mac
Best New Apps - Apple
With a visual timeline, smart reminders, detailed reporting, and an interface crafted by Tapity’s Apple Design Award winning team, Hours turns a tedious process into — dare we say — an enjoyable one.
Time tracking seems like it should be easy…and it would be, if we were all robots. Unfortunately, humans tend to have problems with
1. Forgetting to track your time in the first place
2. Forgetting to note when you change tasks
3. Forgetting to stop a timer after you start one
So Hours lets you:
• Set smart reminders to nag you at just the right times to start and stop your timers
• Start/stop/switch timers with one tap (now even from the home screen with 3D Touch)
• Use the visual timeline to easily identify and correct mistakes
• Set rounding rules to round time to whatever interval you are used to — 6 minutes, 15 minutes, and more
• Quickly see on a calendar view which days you tracked time and which days you forgot
• Track your time by clients, projects, and tasks if you need to
• Add notes to your time entries
• View on-screen reports in the app, or email detailed CSV or PDF reports
New in 2.0:
• Sync your time with Hours on the web, where you can track time from your desktop and view beautiful reports
• Access your timers from the web, the Apple Watch App, the iPhone lock screen with the Notification Center widget, or from the home screen with the 3D touch shortcut
• Now your whole team can use Hours to track, report, and analyze time
See it in action at: http://www.hourstimetracking.com
Please email us if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the app: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hours Pro subscription, which provides additional reporting options, costs $7.99 per month. The subscription will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account and will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Though your subscription for the current month cannot be canceled, you can turn auto-renewal off in your account settings after purchase. See instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Terms of Service: https://hourstimetracking.com/terms-of-service/
What's New in Version 2.02
This is a quick fix for a couple important bugs:
[FIXED] There was a bug where a pop up would appear that said our server was down even if the server was not down and it got annoying really fast. Sorry about that!
[FIXED] There was a bug where some users who should have gotten access to PDF / CSV export for clients and projects, were not getting full access.
We also wanted to sincerely apologize to everyone who has experienced issues with Hours since we launched 2.0. We messed up. See this post on how we are going to make it up to you: https://medium.com/the-hours-blog/we-messed-up-256e13d2caf5
More fixes coming soon. Thank you for your patience!
Updates fixed bugs. Back to 5 stars
Update April 14, 2016
I had given up on this app with the recent bugs and tried another. While the other app was robust and had a great watch app I found a major omission. I could archive projects. This was leaving me with a huge list that would only grow.
So I decided to try Hours again after seeing some updates to address the bugs. Much better now. I would have given it 4.5 stars because I would love an Hours complication on the watch but I rounded up to 5 stars since the developers fixed the problems quickly.
Update March 16, 2016
I really wanted to keep using this app once the Watch app came out but since moving to cloud sync it seems very buggy. The Watch is a perfect way to track time but I often tap to start or stop and nothing happens. I've lost entries due to this. I've also been watching my battery monitor on my iPhone and the Hours background task is now one of the heavy hitters.
The app is so nice looking and powerful but I can't work with the bugs so I'm switching to another for now that seems more robust with a nice Watch app. Hopefully they will work out the bugs with Hours.
Even as a salary worker this is a great app for tracking time. I have to itemize all my charges and this app makes it simple. Every Friday I just email a pdf report to my work email and use to generate a status report for my supervisor. Great app.
The App works... Watch is still buggy, but useable.
I bought an Apple Watch specifically so I could track my time with this app. On the phone this app is working very well. On the other hand using the watch requires some patience.
1. Wait. Seriously, give the watch app a moment to sync when the app loads and between taps.
2. Don't tap multiple times. The app crashes or doesn't save your time when you do this.
3. Always stop a timer on the watch before starting a new one. I'm not sure why this is an issue, but the app often doesn't register a new timer has been selected. It just stops the time.
4. Don't adjust your time on the watch. This can cause time blocks to overlap.
5. If you need to do anything complicated, get your phone out. Don't even bother trying the watch.
My conclusion: the watch is great for changing tasks quickly without searching for your phone. You will always need to stop timers before starting a new one, but it works fine if you give it time to respond.
Hopefully the app will continue to improve.
Does not work on watch
The phone interface is nice and works - but there are other iPhone time trackers that are better. What attracted me to this app was the watch interface but it just does not work. Difficult to get a timer to register as started; sometimes the wrong timer will start; and alert that timer not started or running past a certain time completely random. I have spent more time trying to make this work than if I just ran back to my computer every time I needed to switch client timers.
When I asked customer support for assistance they emailed and asked how they could help - I told them and have heard nothing back. So, apparently also no customer support.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 01, 2016
- Version: 2.02
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Hours, LLC
- © Hours, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hours Pro Subscription$7.99