Hours Time Tracking
By Hours, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hours is the time tracker you will actually use.
"The Perfect iPhone Time Tracking App" - Forbes
"Surprisingly pleasant to use…well-thought-out interface" - TechCrunch
“The world’s easiest way of tracking your time.” - 9to5Mac
Best New Apps - Apple
With a visual timeline, smart reminders, detailed reporting, and an interface crafted by and Apple Design Award winning team, Hours turns a tedious process into — dare we say — an enjoyable one.
Time tracking seems like it should be easy…and it would be, if we were all robots. Unfortunately, humans tend to have problems with
1. Forgetting to track your time in the first place
2. Forgetting to note when you change tasks
3. Forgetting to stop a timer after you start one
So Hours lets you:
• Set smart reminders to nag you at just the right times to start and stop your timers
• Start/stop/switch timers with one tap (now even from the home screen with 3D Touch)
• Use the visual timeline to easily identify and correct mistakes
• Set rounding rules to round time to whatever interval you are used to — 6 minutes, 15 minutes, and more
• Quickly see on a calendar view which days you tracked time and which days you forgot
• Track your time by clients, projects, and tasks if you need to
• Add notes to your time entries
• View on-screen reports in the app, or email detailed CSV or PDF reports
New in 2.0:
• Sync your time with Hours on the web, where you can track time from your desktop and view beautiful reports
• Now your whole team can use Hours to track, report, and analyze time
See it in action at: http://www.hourstimetracking.com
Please email us if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the app: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hours Pro subscription, which provides additional reporting options, costs $7.99 per month. The subscription will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account and will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Though your subscription for the current month cannot be canceled, you can turn auto-renewal off in your account settings after purchase. See instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Terms of Service: https://hourstimetracking.com/terms-of-service/
What's New in Version 2.04
- Fix for some users experiencing a crash on startup with iOS 10
- Fix to allow All clients and projects export via CSV or PDF
- Update to iOS 9.1 or greater required due to data loss problems with iOS 8.4
- Widget functionality temporarily removed while we update it for iOS 10
This app is a nag
I've been using Hours for over a year and despite its great potential it manages to irritate me more and more. A year ago when I set it up it worked great. After a few months I found it would send me reminders that I had no timer running when I started one through the control panel. Over the past few months that's changed and I'm getting them more and more, regardless of how/if a timer is started/stopped. I got frustrated yesterday after receiving multiple contradictory notifications and tried turning off notifications within the app. That didn't work so I killed permissions in the system menu and today every time I opened it to change tracking it issued a pop up telling me to turn on notifications. After 4 hours of that I turned them back on and proceeded to get reminded maybe a dozen times over the next 6 hours that; I didn't have a timer running, I still have a timer running, or I haven't had a timer running in the past hour.
I'm deleting the app and trying a different one.
Once great, now painful
This app has had more issues as updates have rolled out. Today was the last straw. Constant glitches while it tries to sync and then time blocks will go missing. Incorrect notifications 3,4,5 times in a row satin that I still have a timer running or I have not started. Today I had switched timers about a dozen times today as I worked on different projects and had a number of glitches that I had to go back a fill in at the end of the day. Suddenly I get a notification that I still had a timer running and all my time blocks for the entire day had been erased and replaced with a single time block starting at 7:30 this morning and all my notes for each of the previous blocks were gone. I really used to love this app for switching time as I bounce from project to project, but when clients get billed on the time I put in it needs to be reliable and this app no longer is with the recent updates.
This app seems to degrade with every update. I'm constantly barraged with incorrect "you have a timer running" or "you haven't started a timer yet" in succession, despite the notifications themselves being in conflict with each other and the setting turned off in the app (though notifications are still allowed from the OS side). Looking at the timeline is now a constant glitchy UI mess where timers flicker and jump around while it's "syncing". Used to be a great app that's slowly gotten worse and worse for features I never use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 23, 2016
- Version: 2.04
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Hours, LLC
- © Hours, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hours Pro Subscription$7.99