Hours Tracker: Time and pay tracking made easy
By Cribasoft, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OVER 140,000 PEOPLE track their time and pay using HoursTracker ®. Try it today, and find out why it's the best and most highly-rated time tracker in the App Store!
QUICK AND EASY time entry and editing make time tracking painless
• Record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses
• Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments
• Pick any time to start, stop, break or pause the timer (7 minutes ago, 10 minutes from now, whatever you need)
• Set job locations and get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (geofencing)
• Manually enter time entries with minimal effort thanks to smart, adaptive defaults
• Enter comments of any length with your time entries and optionally include them in your exports
• Control timers, dictate comments, and apply tags using your Apple Watch
◆ ADVANCED FEATURES and customization set HoursTracker above the rest
• Automatic daily and weekly overtime earnings calculations
• Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules
• Robust tagging and filtering allow you to build your own custom views
• Reminders when you've worked your target number of hours per day (even takes time rounding into account)
• Automatic time rounding: up, down, or to nearest (including 6 min)
• Today Widget for at a glance time and pay monitoring
• CSV and formatted text export via e-mail or the iOS Share Sheet
• Passcode lock (with Touch ID support) helps keep your HoursTracker data private
• Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required)
• Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription
• Customize your HoursTracker experience in the Preferences section under the More tab. Choose only one or many jobs clocked in at a time, opt-into prompts for comments, choose an elapsed time format (hours:minutes, or decimal hours), and more
"Free Edition" stores up to 3 jobs and 21 days of entries. For unlimited entries, upgrade to the "Personal" (up to 5 jobs) or "Pro" (unlimited jobs) edition. Or, erase older data and continue to use the "Free Edition" until you're ready to buy.
Prompt and personal customer support is available via e-mail from within the app, typically answered within 12-24 hours.
Visit our website at http://www.hourstrackerapp.com to learn more, and follow @HoursTracker on Twitter or facebook.com/HoursTracker to hear about upcoming features first.
App Store reviews help users find the best apps, but they don't allow us to help you because we cannot respond. If you have a question, problem, or need help, please send us a support request via e-mail.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
Version 3.4.1 fixes a bug where sometimes a clocked out job would automatically clock itself back in later, particularly after editing the clock in time, tags, or comments. Thanks for your patience!
With improved notifications, you can select a start or stop time when you tap the "In At" or "Out At" action buttons. Your top 20 most recently active jobs will be shown in the jobs list. UI Tweaks and a new Watch-optimized icon make for a more beautiful HoursTracker Apple Watch app.
Briefly traveling near a job location no longer saves useless time entries. You can configure the minimum time entry duration in the Location Awareness section of the "More" tab. This only applies when Clock In and Clock Out are the selected arrive and leave actions.
Job Tags Display
The "Entries" and "Pay Periods" tabs now display job tags when you view the day/week/month/pay period's underlying entries for a given job.
Export To Multiple Emails
Save more than one export email recipient by entering their email addresses separated by a space.
Adjustments in CSV
The CSV export contains two new summary columns: TotalTimeAdjustment and TotalEarningsAdjustment. This makes it easier to process adjustment data in your spreadsheet or other system.
Clocking out while on break or paused will always record the adjustment. Sometimes the duration display was not updated when adding a time entry. To prevent data loss, edits to an active Clock In are now auto-saved when the app is backgrounded.
This is the app you're looking for
I downloaded several timesheet apps and I can easily say this is the best. It's fairly intuitive and easy to use, and the interface is aesthetically pleasing. I like that you can view your total hours daily, weekly and monthly - it helps me make sure I meet my quota.
There are a few things I wish they'd added that made me take down a star. First, it needs the ability to create repeating time entires instead of having to manually enter each one, similar to creating repeating events on your calendar. This would save a lot of time. Second, although they have tags, it is tricky to use them, to say the least. You can't just search by a tag like you'd expect - instead, you have to create a saved "Filter" and pick a group of tags you'd like to see. Because of this I just disappointedly gave up on the tags altogether. Also, the option to type your shift entry instead of scrolling through the days and times would be grand. Lastly, you can only create 3 jobs before buying the full version, which based on the limitations listed above, I don't think is worth the $5.99.
All in all, however, it is the best app out there for keeping track of your work hours in one place!
Great app. for a professional to track time
Found a recommendation for this app. on the web. By far it is the best of any I looked at. I am a professional engineer and needed something to record my time for entry into my company's timesheet program at the end of the week. This app. has the flexibility I need, allowing manual entry, comments, etc. I threw away my planner book and am now using this app. for my time and the iPhone calendar for my appointments. This app. is worth way more than what it costs. I must add that support is great. The couple of times I have had issues I have always gotten a prompt personal response from the developer. The developer seems to have full intentions to keep the app. working properly and at its best.
instrumental for my needs
this is a great app, and I compared several before making my purchase. I can keep track of my hours and compare it to my time cards to make sure I'm getting paid properly by my employer. my co-workers are still keeping track of this on paper.
for the next version I would like to see the ability to enter adjustments as a percentage of my hourly rate. for some of the work I perform I make a 10% premium, and this extends to overtime. so if I work 9 hours at premium rate I have to enter 2 adjustments, one at 10% of regular and one at 10% of overtime. it would be nice to just tell it to add a 10% adjustment and have it do the work for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 10, 2015
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cribasoft, LLC
- © 2009–2015 cribasoft, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro Edition$8.99
- Upgrade to Personal Edition$5.99
- Migrate from HoursTracker ProFree
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$25.99
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$2.99
- Upgrade to Pro Edition$2.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Nice Tip$0.99
- Ridiculous Tip$4.99