HoursTracker: Time tracking for freelance and hourly workers
By Cribasoft, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OVER 250,000 PEOPLE track their time and pay using HoursTracker ®. Try it today, and find out why it's the best and most highly-rated time tracker in the App Store!
QUICK AND EASY time entry and editing make time tracking painless
• Record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses
• Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments
• Pick any time to start, stop, break or pause the timer (7 minutes ago, 10 minutes from now, whatever you need)
• Set job locations and get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (geofencing)
• Manually enter time entries with minimal effort thanks to smart, adaptive defaults
• Enter comments of any length with your time entries and optionally include them in your exports
• Control timers, dictate comments, and apply tags using your Apple Watch
ADVANCED FEATURES and customization set HoursTracker above the rest
• Automatic daily and weekly overtime earnings calculations
• Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules
• Robust tagging and filtering allow you to build your own custom views
• Reminders when you've worked your target number of hours per day (even takes time rounding into account)
• Automatic time rounding: up, down, or to nearest (including 6 min)
• Today Widget for at a glance time and pay monitoring
• CSV and formatted text export via e-mail or the iOS Share Sheet
• Passcode lock (with Touch ID support) helps keep your HoursTracker data private
• Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required)
• Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription
• Customize your HoursTracker experience in the Preferences section under the More tab. Choose only one or many jobs clocked in at a time, opt-into prompts for comments, choose an elapsed time format (hours:minutes, or decimal hours), and more
"Free Edition" stores up to 3 jobs and 21 days of entries. For unlimited entries, upgrade to the "Personal" (up to 5 jobs) or "Pro" (unlimited jobs) edition. Or, erase older data and continue to use the "Free Edition" until you're ready to buy.
Prompt and personal customer support is available via e-mail from within the app, typically answered within 12-24 hours.
Visit our website at http://www.hourstrackerapp.com to learn more, and follow @HoursTracker on Twitter or facebook.com/HoursTracker to hear about upcoming features first.
App Store reviews help users find the best apps, but they don't allow us to help you because we cannot respond. If you have a question, problem, or need help, please send us a support request via e-mail.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
This update brings numerous bugfixes and performance improvements, and includes workarounds to make sure HoursTracker is ready for the upcoming versions of iOS.
FIXED: When an entry had adjustments that resulted in negative elapsed time or negative earnings, it was being excluded from various reports and/or summarized incorrectly.
FIXED: Sometimes the app would crash when attempting to use the Backup Via Email function.
FIXED: Attempting to split a time entry with the Remove Time option turned off would sometimes erroneously report that the split was invalid and refuse to save your changes.
FIXED: Semi-monthly and monthly pay periods would end on the wrong dates if the next month had less days than pay schedule was set for.
FIXED: When time entry comments contained line breaks, they were truncated when that entry appeared in a list of entries.
FIXED: Adding an adustment while clocked in was not saving your adjustment preferences. Now, the app will remember which adjustment types you use more often, even if they are added while clocked in.
Pay periods calculations are 20% faster. If you have a lot of time entries, you'll notice the report is more snappy.
Worked around an issue where lists did not scroll and fixed a few crashes.
Best time tracking app out there!
I have used myriad time tracking apps and always found at least one major flaw in each of them until I discovered HoursTracker! I can juggle multiple projects at once, track all my mileage and expenses as they relate to each individual project. It allows an area to take notes in such a way that I can quickly and easily submit to my clients exactly what I did for them. The pause feature is priceless! No more clocking in and clocking out everytime I get up for a cup of coffee! I just keep the app open on my desk and touch pause when I walk away and again when I return. I can even keep multiple projects going at once and bounce back and forth between them as necessary. It's the app that gives me the most flexibility I've ever had. And the ability to download my records in different formats is great! I have some clients who like the spreadsheet and some who like the itemized view but either way I can pull them both in a one step process! Creating and submitting my work records used to be the bane of my existence! Now- 2 clicks and I'm done and on with my day! I only wish I had found this app sooner!!!!!!
Wonderful and useful
I very much depend on this App. I don't use all the features; rather, I use it to help track my calculation of clinical hours with clients. I'm a professional counselor and therapeutic social worker. I've inputted client information and when Im with a client, I simply select the client. It tracks travel time, "office/administration" time, etc. I love the automatic note taking feature that can populate when I deactivate a client session.
I do wish there was a way to have a template of notes that enables me to simply fill in blanks rather than redrafting regular data every time.
I also wish there was a feature to sync a mapping system that enables me to re-trace my travel when I forget to activate the "transportation client".
As well, I wish there was a way to sync selected phone calls so I can more easily distinguish/log business calls and personal calls.
I know there are other Apps to can fulfill some of these functions, but I don't want to have to use multiple apps.
Another feature that would be good -- to create graphs of time spent with clients so I can attempt to measure trends, location of concentrated business, hours of day, etc.
Regardless - This has been one of the best Apps I've ever purchased.
Nice feature set
I like the features in this app a lot. And while I use the free version, I'd be interested in an upgrade if it weren't $6 or $10... For $6 to $10, it needs to handle a bit more than a glorified time card.
The tags are a great feature, but I find them clunky to use. It's nice to be able to define a pay period, how days should be counted when you go past midnight, and even account for withholding taxes.
But no color coding, UI isn't the prettiest, the export functionality could use some tweaking and/or options and it doesn't do much more than save 7 or 8 pieces of data up to 21 times for free.
After that, deleting entries is annoying. There's no option to erase after export. And I don't even think the export has the tax withholdings.
But hey. It's free. I won't pay $6 just to save myself a few minutes deleting entries...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 02, 2016
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cribasoft, LLC
- © 2009–2016 cribasoft, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Personal Edition$5.99
- Upgrade to Pro Edition$9.99
- Migrate from HoursTracker ProFree
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$25.99
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$2.99
- Upgrade Personal to Pro Edition (Discounted)$3.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Nice Tip$0.99
- Ridiculous Tip$4.99