HoursTracker HD - Timesheet & Time Tracker
By Carlos Ribas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
40% OFF for holidays! Keep track of your hours and earnings with HoursTracker HD, the native iPad version of HoursTracker, the most popular time tracking iPhone app in the App Store. Set up as many jobs as you need, then clock in and out of them and let HoursTracker take care of the rest. Or enter time worked in the past (or future!) quickly and easily. Keep tabs on your time and earnings with built-in reports, or import your data into a spreadsheet and crunch some numbers your own way.
* Apple featured HoursTracker HD as a useful and easy-to-use time tracking tool. See http://hourstrackerapp.com/apple/doc
HoursTracker tracks your time while you use other apps without running in the background. So you don’t need to worry about any extra drain on your battery just because you are clocked in to your job in HoursTracker. The app will track your time just the same even if you completely power off your device!
HoursTracker HD has a dedicated iPad UI, not simply a stretched version of the iPhone interface. This specialized UI takes full advantage of the extra screen real estate to consolidate all functions into one single screen.
• Add as many jobs as you need, there’s no limit. Put in your employers, your customers, or even just some categories of time you want to track.
• Assign a pay rate and HoursTracker will calculate your earnings, even taking overtime into account.
• Track your time in real-time by clocking in/out while you work. Watch as time and earnings accumulate in real-time.
• Already working but forgot to clock in? No problem, use “Start Clock At...” and start counting time from when you started working.
• Clock in to any number of jobs at a time, or change a setting and have only one timer running at a time automatically.
• Enter time manually -- just choose a start date/time and an end date/time or duration. Add comments, change the hourly rate for that time, and easily subtract breaks.
• Set up pay period details and view your time by weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly pay period on the Entries By Pay Period screen.
• View your time and earnings by day, or by calendar week or month, or by job, on the Entries By Date screen.
• Date formats and currency symbols are based on your device’s international settings.
• Export data via e-mail in human-friendly or computer-friendly formats in the message body or attachment. Export all jobs, or any selection of jobs, for all-time or between any two dates. Combine all entries into one daily summary, or export each one including the clock in / out times.
• Full edit and delete of jobs and hours worked. Easily copy a job if a new job will have similar settings.
• Basic cloud data backup/restore included free with the app. Enhanced Backup services also available, including automatic backups and moving data between your iOS devices.
Make the most out of HoursTracker by setting up your preferences in the Settings app on your device; just look under HoursTracker.
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HoursTracker. For help, e-mail us at: email@example.com
Please write to us before leaving a negative review, as we can often help with your problem or help you better use the app. If we can only read your review, we have no way to contact you.
What's New in Version 1.8
+ NEW: Time Per Day +
Be alerted when you've worked your expected daily hours. Just set the "time per day" for each job, then clock in/out like always. You'll also see a neat visual representation of how much work time is left in your day.
+ NEW: Tagging & Filtering +
Apply custom tags to jobs and time entries. Filter the jobs list, all entries, and pay periods by these tags. Use these features together to hide inactive jobs, hide pay periods already paid, and much more. Save multiple filters and quickly switch between them using the new pull-to-filter gesture.
+ NEW: Overtime Break-Downs +
See how many hours were overtime hours (and their respective earnings) on the "All Entries" and "Pay Periods" modes, thanks to the new overtime detail in the summary row.
+ NEW: Summaries In Detail Views +
See hours, earnings, and overtime summaries when viewing the list of underlying time entries in the "All Entries" or "Pay Periods" modes.
+ BETTER: In-App Settings +
We've moved everything from the system Settings app to the Preferences menu under the tool/wrench button. So you won't need to leave and return to HoursTracker HD when trying out available preferences.
+ BETTER: Improved Performance +
Enjoy faster, more reliable performance. HoursTracker is now up to twice as fast. We tested the app with years worth of entries and hundreds of jobs and optimized everything in sight.
+ BETTER: Location Awareness uses the GPS/cell tower positioning more sparingly.
+ Bug Fixes & Misc Changes +
- Removed requirement that manual entries be at least one minute long.
- Job list sorting option of "Recently Active" now works properly in all cases.
- Jobs clocked in due to location will no longer be clocked out due to "One Job at a Time" preference.
- Turning off Location Awareness will now disable geofencing.
Great for Big Firm Partners
Hours Tracker has saved me many hours, & saved me from "late time entry" penalties, in the 10 months since I began using it. A partner in a large global law firm, I've always had my secretary enter my time in the firm's time entry system, but my part (sending her legible narratives & time totals) has always been a headache for me. Days of unsent time tended to pile up, causing me to get penalized by the firm. Hours Tracker has eliminated all that. Its intuitive & effortless interface allows me to sign in& out of matters with ease. I love the "start now" & "end now" buttons as well as the ability to enter time from the past or future. I'm never late with my time now, because I simply press "send" at day's end, & an Excel spreadsheet is automatically sent to my secretary. Fabulous, fabulous App!
UPDATE -- MONTHS LATER: Still loving it! Every law firm attorney who delivers time entries to her/his secretary for entry into the firm's system should use this app. It has made this part if my life so much easier!
Great for small consulting firms
HoursTracker has transformed the way that we work and brings credibility to our customer invoices resulting in increased customer confidence. This is hands-down the best (and easiest) time keeping tool available - and for only $4.99! One wish list item: ability to change Jobs heading to reflect how app is being used, I.e.; clients, guests, customers, employees, etc. Only glitch I notice: Task memo field does not automatically close when iPad keyboard is closed. One request: host a "back-end" database that would allow multiple devices to be tracked centrally. This would be excellent for tracking time of our 4-person field service group.
Thank you for helping to minimize time administration!
A five star tool
This app is the best that I've encountered for tracking hours. It's easy to set up projects, clients or jobs and easy to input. I like the fact that you can put in notes for each activity as well. Some other apps make you sign up for a service and this one doesn't. It does offer an automatic back-up to the cloud for a minor fee. I was worried that if my device were to crash, I wouldn't have the data. Now I don't worry since it s available through the cloud. A definite 5 stars for this one
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 20, 2012
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Carlos Ribas
- © (C) 2012 Carlos Ribas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cloud Subscription$14.99
- Location Awareness (GPS)$0.99
- Cloud Subscription$1.99