HoursTracker: Time tracking for freelance and hourly workers
By Cribasoft, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OVER 250,000 PEOPLE track their time and pay using HoursTracker ®. Try it today, and find out why it's the best and most highly-rated time tracker in the App Store!
QUICK AND EASY time entry and editing make time tracking painless
• Record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses
• Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments
• Pick any time to start, stop, break or pause the timer (7 minutes ago, 10 minutes from now, whatever you need)
• Set job locations and get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (geofencing)
• Manually enter time entries with minimal effort thanks to smart, adaptive defaults
• Enter comments of any length with your time entries and optionally include them in your exports
• Control timers, dictate comments, and apply tags using your Apple Watch
ADVANCED FEATURES and customization set HoursTracker above the rest
• Automatic daily and weekly overtime earnings calculations
• Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules
• Robust tagging and filtering allow you to build your own custom views
• Reminders when you've worked your target number of hours per day (even takes time rounding into account)
• Automatic time rounding: up, down, or to nearest (including 6 min)
• Today Widget for at a glance time and pay monitoring
• CSV and formatted text export via e-mail or the iOS Share Sheet
• Passcode lock (with Touch ID support) helps keep your HoursTracker data private
• Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required)
• Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription
• Customize your HoursTracker experience in the Preferences section under the More tab. Choose only one or many jobs clocked in at a time, opt-into prompts for comments, choose an elapsed time format (hours:minutes, or decimal hours), and more
"Free Edition" stores up to 3 jobs and 21 days of entries. For unlimited entries, upgrade to the "Personal" (up to 5 jobs) or "Pro" (unlimited jobs) edition. Or, erase older data and continue to use the "Free Edition" until you're ready to buy.
Prompt and personal customer support is available via e-mail from within the app, typically answered within 12-24 hours.
Visit our website at http://www.hourstrackerapp.com to learn more, and follow @HoursTracker on Twitter or facebook.com/HoursTracker to hear about upcoming features first.
App Store reviews help users find the best apps, but they don't allow us to help you because we cannot respond. If you have a question, problem, or need help, please send us a support request via e-mail.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
This update brings numerous bugfixes and performance improvements, and includes workarounds to make sure HoursTracker is ready for the upcoming versions of iOS.
FIXED: When an entry had adjustments that resulted in negative elapsed time or negative earnings, it was being excluded from various reports and/or summarized incorrectly.
FIXED: Sometimes the app would crash when attempting to use the Backup Via Email function.
FIXED: Attempting to split a time entry with the Remove Time option turned off would sometimes erroneously report that the split was invalid and refuse to save your changes.
FIXED: Semi-monthly and monthly pay periods would end on the wrong dates if the next month had less days than pay schedule was set for.
FIXED: When time entry comments contained line breaks, they were truncated when that entry appeared in a list of entries.
FIXED: Adding an adustment while clocked in was not saving your adjustment preferences. Now, the app will remember which adjustment types you use more often, even if they are added while clocked in.
Pay periods calculations are 20% faster. If you have a lot of time entries, you'll notice the report is more snappy.
Worked around an issue where lists did not scroll and fixed a few crashes.
Best time tracking app out there!
I have used myriad time tracking apps and always found at least one major flaw in each of them until I discovered HoursTracker! I can juggle multiple projects at once, track all my mileage and expenses as they relate to each individual project. It allows an area to take notes in such a way that I can quickly and easily submit to my clients exactly what I did for them. The pause feature is priceless! No more clocking in and clocking out everytime I get up for a cup of coffee! I just keep the app open on my desk and touch pause when I walk away and again when I return. I can even keep multiple projects going at once and bounce back and forth between them as necessary. It's the app that gives me the most flexibility I've ever had. And the ability to download my records in different formats is great! I have some clients who like the spreadsheet and some who like the itemized view but either way I can pull them both in a one step process! Creating and submitting my work records used to be the bane of my existence! Now- 2 clicks and I'm done and on with my day! I only wish I had found this app sooner!!!!!!
I love this app! I have many clients with a variety of pay rates and this enables me to track what I've done when I'm racing to what I'm about to do next. It also, and most importantly, keeps me from forgetting a job (therefore forgetting to bill) when I've been especially busy.
Of course I'd love it if the app could do everything including chasing down clients who haven't paid me. I'm a realist though and of the additional features I would like there is only one that I truly need. Can you add an option for a fixed price (non hourly) job? I currently work around this by setting up multiple jobs for clients for whom I do fixed priced projects as well as hourly work by setting the jobs up under the names of the projects . I set the hourly rate at the fixed price so I clock in for just an hour on these. The problem is I don't have a record of the time I've put in on the job and my totals for the client for the billing cycle are scattered among multiple jobs.
An update would be appreciated!
I'm not well organized to begin with and I truly enjoy spending whatever time my clients need for them to get whatever it is that's helpful and / or even necessary for them. This combination historically resulted in under billing and a great deal of stress for me trying to remember the exact time. Now, I greet my clients, tap my watch twice, have the session and at the end tap it again and the time spent with clients is exact. Additionally, since I tell my clients why I'm touching my watch, they have 100% confidence in the accuracy of their bill - it's almost as though at the end of each session they're "signing" an agreement about the accuracy of the bill. The biggest compliment is to the app has led several clients to make the comment, "you're very detailed and organized in the administrative portion of your practice!" That's a first!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 02, 2016
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cribasoft, LLC
- © 2009–2016 cribasoft, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Personal Edition$5.99
- Upgrade to Pro Edition$9.99
- Migrate from HoursTracker ProFree
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$25.99
- Cloud Subscription Add-On$2.99
- Upgrade Personal to Pro Edition (Discounted)$3.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Nice Tip$0.99
- Ridiculous Tip$4.99