House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors
By Hearst Communications, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Need to find the perfect color for your living room? Dining room? Bedroom? Look no further than House Beautiful's 500+ Favorite Paint Colors, from the editors of House Beautiful magazine, the go-to color authority.
• Click on the Color River to browse all 669 paint colors, and sort by any combination of Colors, Spaces, or Moods. Hear what interior designers have to say about how to use a color, fill the whole iPad screen with your swatch—great for holding up against the wall—and see what colors complement your choice.
• Go to House Beautiful's Editors' Picks for best-of-the-best recommendations in 10 different hues.
• Save your favorite colors to your Paint Box, and compare up to four at a time.
• If you're really stuck, try discovering Your Color Personality to see which color reveals your inner self.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
This is a minor update, just a couple bug fixes and performance enhancements. We appreciate your feedback, keep it coming.
The best decorating advice on color. While it's simply fun to explore the River of Color (like spinning a globe and stopping it randomly with a finger) no other app gives users so much expert advice on the subject—invaluable color information and experience distilled into one app! Many paint companies represented and large screen-sized color samples make holding the iPad up against the wall fun to get an idea of what the color might look like. Just remember to check the actual color with a manufacturer's paint chip before ordering paint. Digital color and actual paint color can vary some, but nothing beats all the first-hand designer recommendations!
I thought this would be better. I love the magazine. Somehow I thought this would be more helpful for redecorating. I wanted to type in a specific color and receive more instructions on how to use it. This just reminded me of the first few pages of the magazines where they show pretty color picks. I wanted this to be more interactive so i could personalize it. Maybe they can link the colors to examples of how to use it in a room, on different objects, maybe have a room and drop the color onto walls or objects so you can see how they would go together, etc. I'm not sure but for the price I was looking for a lot more.
If you are fairly confident in your own tastes and don't need a lot of hand-holding, this app is a great tool for figuring out which colors work in which rooms under different lighting conditions. The sample color combinations can spark ideas and help you think more creatively. The color quality is luscious. I can play with this thing for hours.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 21, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 469 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Communications, Inc.
- © 2011 Hearst Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.