Get the smart reporting, award-winning photos, trusted team of columnists and second-to-none coverage of Houston that you expect from the Houston Chronicle.
Houston Chronicle gives readers what they want, when they want it and where they want it, including:
• Features from The Chronicle’s team of trusted experts and columnists
• Local news from the Woodlands to Downtown and throughout greater Houston, including updates throughout the day
• Dazzling photo galleries
It’s all in an exciting, digital format delivered instantly every day to your iPad or iPhone.
Subscribing to Houston Chronicle:
• Downloading the app is free. New users can receive free content on the app for 14 days.
• If you would like to subscribe, you can select a monthly ($5.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of Service: www.houstonchronicle.com/terms_of_use/
- Fixed: The app will no longer crash for users on iOS 11 after first launching the app after an update is installed.
- Update: We can now identify the device type of users when leaving a review to ensure users across all devices are enjoying the same app experience
Ratings and Reviews
In the past, I really enjoyed this app. There were no major problems. Once in a while there was a glitch, but then it was resolved. Now it is constantly freezing up or shows only a blank screen. When it finally does show articles, it’s old stuff.
I don’t want to give up on the HC app, but sure wish these problems were taken care so I could start reading the news on it again.
Thank you so much. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem and I have had not had any problems since.
Love it! Thank you again for your fast response and helping solve the problem.
We apologize for the issues you are experiencing. Some readers have reported issues after updating the app to the latest version from a previous version. In several cases, deleting the app and reinstalling the app resolved the issues. Please give that a try and contact email@example.com if you continue to experience issues.
Improvement?? What improvement?
So this is an improvement? This is horrible and possibly the worst app for a newspaper ever. As you can see it appears to be the general consensus by reading the other reviews. If I wanted to read the paper as an online version or blog I would get on my PC. The old app from several years was not five star but it felt like reading the paper and was easy to know where to go and read a story. On this you can't tell what is current or where you are at. Takes forever to load and crashes. Plus there is advertising everywhere and very distracting. I hope someone from the Chron is reading these and they go back to the design they had before. I would give it negative stars if I could.
Mostly do crossword
I really enjoy the crosswords and do them every day. Sometimes frustrating how slow the app seems to be and the crossword page is error prone. Also sometimes the 'keyboard' wont come up or comes up wrong. So far I can restart it and it will come up second time. And, when rotating the crossword the iPad reverts back to its keyboard and have to restart puzzle to fix. This happened with my old iPad, but now happens with my new one too, so must be the app not the iPad.
- Hearst Newspapers LLC
- 109.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $5.99
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.