By Hearst Newspapers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The largest newspaper in Texas – the Houston Chronicle – is now an interactive, multimedia experience, reimagined for the App Store.
Get the smart reporting, award-winning photos, trusted team of columnists and second-to-none coverage of Houston that you expect from the Houston Chronicle.
Houston Chronicle gives readers what they want, when they want it and where they want it, including:
- First pick of exclusive content that you can’t get anywhere else
- Local news from the Woodlands to Downtown and throughout greater Houston, including updates throughout the day
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Features from The Chronicle’s team of trusted experts and columnists
It’s all in an exciting, digital format delivered instantly every day to your iPad or iPhone.
Subscribing to Houston Chronicle:
- Downloading the app is free. New users can receive free content on the app for 14 days.
- If you would like to subscribe, you can select a monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
* Ability to clear data from device
* Indicator for previously viewed articles
* Fixed download/offline-reading bug
Thank you for your feedback. More enhancements are on the way.
Not very useful
It never stops amazing me but every update to this app just makes it worse. They did some nice format change but even after you hit the button to download the paper twice, and it says completed both times, once you open up the paper offline most if not all the articles are still not downloaded. You have to go open each article you want to read while online to get it to download, then you can read it offline. Huge waste of time.
The app is terrible. It freezes up regularly. When it does load, and you select a link, it freezes again. You have to kill the app. Customer support response is always the same, "we're working on it". This is the fourth largest city in the US and we only have one paper. It's a shame the Hearst corporation doesn't put more resources into this as the hard copy newspaper business is a dying breed . Extremely disappointed. I am reading the paper in a web browser instead.
App is Horrible
I have been complaining about the new app since its beginning. Apparently, the Chronicle does not listen to its customers. There is too much content, articles can be found in two or more places (why?), app freezes. Bring back the first version that more resembled the print version, offered a week of editions, did not freeze and one could easily find articles. I will not renew my subscription unless vast improvements are made. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 05, 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 59.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Houston Chronicle for iPad$5.99
- Houston Chronicle for iPad$59.99