Houzz Interior Design Ideas
By Houzz Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Houzz is the No. 1 app for improving and designing your home. Whether you’re building, remodeling or decorating, Houzz has you covered.
Get the Best Design Ideas for Your Home
- Browse more than 15 million high-resolution photos of home interiors and exteriors. Choose by style, location or room, such as kitchen or bathroom.
- Save and share photos with friends, family and home professionals.
- Use the Sketch feature to annotate and draw directly on photos from Houzz.
Find, View and Buy Products for Your Home
- Shop from more than 9 million products and materials, including vanities, cabinets, lighting, furniture, tile and more.
- Read verified product reviews.
- Save up to 75% off during featured sales.
- Use Visual Match, our visual recognition technology, to discover and buy products and materials directly from photos on Houzz.
- Wondering what that sofa would look like in your living room? Select the View in My Room 3D feature and use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to see 500k 3D products would look in your space.
Find, Hire and Collaborate with the Best Home Professional for Your Project
- Connect with over 1.5 million active home improvement professionals, including architects, general contractors, interior decorators, repair professionals and more.
Read Articles From Our Editorial Staff and Design Experts
- Check out our biweekly Houzz Newsletter for engaging and informative articles, including home tours, full kitchen and bathroom remodeling guides, industry news, decorating tricks, organizing guides, designing for pets, gardening advice, humor and everything in between.
- Watch Houzz TV to see original videos of inspiring homes, how-tos and more.
- Discuss home design and renovation topics in our Advice section and get feedback from the Houzz community on your projects and ideas.
The Houzz app topped The New York Times list of “best apps for home improvement.” The Washington Post called Houzz the “single best source" for finding inspiration. CNN named it the “Wikipedia of interior and exterior design.”
What's New in Version 17.11.2
We’ve made enhancements to the Houzz Shop product pages:
- Product reviews now include photos, so you can see how products look from other shoppers on Houzz.
- We’ve made fonts larger and easier to read.
We’ve clarified free shipping information for shoppers from Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Great app, but updates have issues
I’ve relied heavily on this app for inspiration for our remodel. However, recently the app has started behaving badly. When searching for a feature (say wainscoting), then trying to filter for the room, style, etc., the app forgets about the feature I’m searching for. It just shows all the rooms that meet the filter criteria. Also, when reviewing photos in search results, if I select to learn more about a photo, then close the photo details when I’m done, the app returns to the top of the search results, rather than the last photo viewed. If The search results have a few hundred photos, it’s extremely time consuming to try to figure out where I was. These bugs make the app significantly less useful. I’m starting to look for a replacement.
This is not AR
This app doesn’t work at all like they make it appear. You don’t see smart AR furniture in your living room as if it’s really there, giving you an accurate sense of perspective and size. No, it just gives you a fixed perspective 2D clip art photo of the furniture and YOU have to guess what size it is as you shrink or enlarge the image. There is no AR technology to this that I can see. It’s literally like putting stickers on your photo. Maybe that can be useful to an extent but it’s not even close to what I thought I was getting based on the preview photos and descriptions.
When scrolling through and clicking on a photo when you go back to thumbnails it brings you back to the top and you lose your place and have to scroll all the way back down again.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 18, 2017
- Version: 17.11.2
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Houzz Inc.
- © 2017 Houzz Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes