How The Grinch Stole Christmas! - Dr. Seuss
By Oceanhouse Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**#1 in iPad Book Apps! - Dec 2013, Dec 2014**
Join the bitter and grouchy Grinch in this interactive book app classic from Dr. Seuss as he attempts to "keep Christmas from coming" to the warm-hearted land of Whoville. Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. Will the Grinch succeed at depriving the Whos from Christmas?
Explore the Story:
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- LEARN new words by tapping pictures
- RECORD your own narration & share it with others
- SELECT a scene with easy-to-use navigation
- KEEP kids in the story with parental controls
Designed for children ages 3-6
The Reviews Are In:
- "It's perfection. 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' dazzles on iPhone." - CNET
- Featured in "Best Holiday Apps for Kids" - USA Today 2012
- Selected by CNET as #2 favorite app of 2009
We'd Love To Hear From You!
- Please share your thoughts in a review! Your experience matters to us.
- Need tech support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Say hello to us on FB! facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Official Dr. Seuss licensed App. Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2009 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
Bug fixes and performance updates
Too expensive - narrator problems
We own many of the Dr. Seuss apps by Oceanhouse Media. Most are excellent; however, the price point is too high. These apps should be priced at 2.99, not 4.99. The bundles are the way to go, yet it's annoying to wonder if Oceanhouse will release more bundles with titles you've already purchased separately at a higher price.
Regarding this specific app, The Grinch is a favorite in our home and I was disappointed and distracted by the narrator. The voice of the narrator sounds fake, like he's going for a Welsh-British accent. At best it sounds like someone who has returned from a study-abroad program trying out a new accent. At worst it sounds like a speech impediment. Oceanhouse needs to reclaim the high standards of their other apps and re-record this with a new narrator.
The app is good enough until you choose the "Read to Me" option and are subjected to a narrator who not only speaks with an unbelievably awful fake English accent, but one who has also, quite obviously, never narrated anything professionally given his complete lack of timing and proper syllabic emphasis. He obviously never bothered to watch the original "Grinch" TV episode and his entire narration smacks of an amateur simply reading words rather than a professional speaking dialogue. Perhaps a direct comparison between this app and the TV episode is a bit unfair, but the choice in narrator makes this one an app to avoid if you've ever seen the TV episode... It will just leave you irritated.
Wonderful holiday app!
My girls love the heartwarming story of the Grinch. I love how the images pan from scene to scene along with appropriate sound effects.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 02, 2014
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
- Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2009 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.