Measure the height of, or the distance to an object.
Great for finding out the height of that tree in your backyard (without climbing it!).
Using the iPhone's camera, sight the object through the cross-hairs. The iPhone's accelerometers are used to obtain an accurate elevation angle to the object.
Enter the distance to the object and its height can then be calculated. Alternatively, if the object's height is know, then the distance to it may be calculated.
The image with overlaid measurements can be saved as a photograph.
- use cross-hairs overlaid on the iPhone's camera display to accurately measure the elevation angle to the object
- calculate either the height of, or the distance to an object
- a button to hold the angle to allow easy adjustment of other parameters
- includes optional height offset to add a fixed value to the height calculation
- ability to safe the image with measurement details as a photograph
- can be used as an educational tool to teach trigonometry
- metric and imperial measure
Updated for iOS 7, 8 and 9
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, seems to work, but number sliders are way to touchy and jumpy. Please adjust so you actually enter the numbers easier and more accurately. Otherwise it's all good.
* Worked the first few times to measure 200ft brush clearing. Tried to use it again for another area and 100ft is now 1 ft! Tried putting crosshairs so as not to pick up tree or fence into focus point -- still didn't work. Tried an area with no obstructions--100ft is now 10ft. Frustrated!
App no good
Have never been able to measure the simplest things -- like my son's height -- even when I know how far away he is standing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.