How I Became a Pirate
By Oceanhouse Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- New York Times & Los Angeles Times Bestseller
- Book Sense Book of the Year Award: Children's Illustrated
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
Join young Jeremy Jacobs in this interactive book app as he becomes a pirate on Braid Beard’s ship! Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. Jeremy learns all about being a pirate- from buried treasure, sea chanteys, and pirate talk, but soon finds out what pirate don’t do- no tucking kids in and no bedtime stories! Maybe being a pirate isn't so great after all.
"The narrator is amazing and I loved all the extra effects and visuals. It was like hearing it for the first time." - Melinda Long, author of How I Became a Pirate
Explore the Story:
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- LEARN new words by tapping pictures
- RECORD your own narration & share it with others
- SELECT a scene with easy-to-use navigation
- KEEP kids in the story with parental controls
Designed for children ages 5-8
The Reviews Are In:
- Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award
- "Highly recommended." - Digital Storytime
- “A lively alternative to the 2003 print version, with judicious audio and interactive tweaks but blessedly free of games and like silly distractions.” - Kirkus Reviews
- “You are completely pulled into the story with its incredible point of view perspective and comic twists. This is one beautiful app.” - Teachers with Apps
We'd Love To Hear From You!
- Please share your thoughts in a review! Your experience matters to us.
- Need tech support? Contact us at email@example.com
- Say hello to us on FB! facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Official Houghton Mifflin Harcourt licensed app: http://www.hmhco.com
What's New in Version 2.7
iOS 8 bug fixes and improvements
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 02, 2014
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 86.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
- © 2014 Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.