Join young Jeremy Jacobs in this interactive book app as he becomes a pirate on Braid Beard’s ship! Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. Jeremy learns all about being a pirate- from buried treasure, sea chanteys, and pirate talk, but soon finds out what pirate don’t do- no tucking kids in and no bedtime stories! Maybe being a pirate isn't so great after all.
- New York Times & Los Angeles Times Bestseller
- Book Sense Book of the Year Award: Children's Illustrated
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
"The narrator is amazing and I loved all the extra effects and visuals. It was like hearing it for the first time." - Melinda Long, author of How I Became a Pirate
Explore the Story:
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- LEARN new words by tapping pictures
- RECORD your own narration & share it with others
- SELECT a scene with easy-to-use navigation
- KEEP kids in the story with parental controls
Designed for children ages 5-8
The Reviews Are In:
- Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award
- "Highly recommended." - Digital Storytime
- “You are completely pulled into the story with its incredible point of view perspective and comic twists. This is one beautiful app.” - Teachers with Apps
We'd Love To Hear From You!
- Please share your thoughts in a review! Your experience matters to us.
- Need tech support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Say hello to us on FB! facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Official Houghton Mifflin Harcourt licensed app: http://www.hmhco.com
- optimized for full 64-bit performance
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A Must For Elementary Teachers and Parents who read to kids!
I thoroughly enjoyed the imagination brought to life by the author and illustrator! I teach many ELL students who just don't have the "words" for things mentioned in the story. Students will have the freedom to explore and grasp the plot and details either at their own pace, or guided be the read to me option. Beautiful way to start a discussion about values, families and friendship.
The graphics, animations and color are amazing and greatly enhance the reading experience. My grand kids are going to love this book! Very well done!
Shiver me timbers!
Such a fun app! Beautiful artwork and animation and my kids had a blast with the voices!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.