How to Cook Everything for iPhone
By Culinate, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything® from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
Here’s some of what’s on tap:
• From this award-winning book: Mark Bittman’s 2,000 recipes and recipe variations—as well as his no-nonsense cooking guidance, including hundreds of how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, as well as the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps, which run even when the app is not.
• Well-organized shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• Convenient printing of recipes and shopping lists.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipe, Quick Dinners, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• All recipe and reference content is embedded in the app, which means that you can use the app even if you don’t have a network connection.
• Swipe between recipe steps with a flick across the screen.
• Add recipes to the calendar app.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
• Email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that’s your preference.
• This app is the perfect complement to the book and an invaluable reference.
If you have an iPad, you may want to check out the iPad-optimized How to Cook Everything universal app, which runs on both iPad and iPhone.
• • • • •
Starbucks App of the Week, November 2011
Featured in Apple’s iPhone Apps Starter Kit
Bon Appétit's Top Food and Cooking App, Fall 2011
We think users of the app say it best:
“I don’t often do feedback, but I thought I have to in this instance! Y’all need to hear it. I bought and downloaded your Mark Bittman iPhone cookbook yesterday. I was struck by how well it was designed for the iPhone. Great, great interface. Just Beautiful. Well executed. I love it. Thank you so much.”
“Love your app! It has inspired me to take culinary adventures. Aside from the no-nonsense approach I am also liking the variations for the recipes. I appreciate the way it encourages creativity.”
“Thank you so much for bringing "How to Cook Everything" to the iPhone! I love the cookbook and am so happy that there is now an App... in fact, I just gifted it to my mother, sisters and sister-in-law”
• • • • •
What's New in Version 1.9.12
This release fixes a few minor issues.
The most helpful and well organized app out there, and HUGE! So many incredible choices, and easy to use. Worth every penny. And it works offline!
How did I ever get along without this app
So much fun. Easy to prepare recipes. I have the hard copy book as well, but the app is updated regularly. Thanks for making my life easier.
Literally how to cook everything.
I love this app. I also reference it for techniques like how to score a ham, etc.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 1.9.12
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Culinate, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.