How to Cook Everything
By Culinate, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything® from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
This app is optimized uniquely for both the iPad and the iPhone, making the most of the size, shape, and capabilities of each. (Some features are specific to the iPad only.)
In the app you’ll find:
• The full content of the multiple-award-winning How to Cook Everything®: all 2,000 recipes and variations.
• Bittman’s no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow—from any angle.
• Inspiring photos of weekly featured recipes (iPad only).
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump with ease among recipes (iPad only).
• The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric.
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps.
• A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad only).
• A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad only).
• Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad only).
• A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad only).
• The ability to print recipes and shopping lists and to add recipes to calendars.
• The ability to email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menues, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
• Owners of the new iPad: this one's for you. We've updated the app to include a full set of retina display graphics and images to take full advantage of your high-resolution screen.
All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection. The How to Cook Everything app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide.
• • •
"The bells-and-whistles of this app are what make it a must-buy, from grocery lists you can email to how-to illustrations. Bittman also makes it nearly impossible to mess up a dish—each recipe step has a built in timer so there’s less chance you’ll forget how long your osso bucco has been cooking."
— Bon Appetit
• • •
Love this app? Check out its companion apps: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian and Cooking Basics.
What's New in Version 1.10.1
This version corrects some issues with the operation of the groceries list and favorites on the iPad.
The only cookbook you need
Thank you for updating this great app so we can continue to use it. I miss Mark in the weekly New York Times Food Section so much. This is the next best thing. Easy to use, jam-packed with recipes, information and tips as only Mark Bittman can do it.
Excellent cookbook desperately in need of a technical update
This app has been updated with 64 bit support but doesn't run at the newer screen sizes. On my iPhone 6S it is a scaled up app. I'm glad the app will work with iOS 11 but the developers should really bring it fully up to date.
Old, old review (two versions ago, from 2015 IIRC):
This app has fantastic recipes. But it was never updated for post the post-iOS 7 user interface style not adjusted for the iPhone 6 screen size. I realize this app is one done by a company that licensed the book's content, but this is disappointing.
Again, fantastic recipes—I'm reviewing the presentation layer here.
It's about time!
Finally an update for the future iOS 11. One of my favorite apps and I was getting tired of the update notifications. Yea, I have the hardbound books also.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 1.10.1
- Size: 63.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- © 2010-2017 Culinate, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.