"I never knew learning about electricity can be so fun... It is one of the most interesting science apps I’ve reviewed so far." - The iMums
"It is one of the most fun and effective ways to learn, and a sure way to instill in kids a love of science and the scientific process." - The iPhoneMom
Children love experimenting with homemade batteries. So we at Crayon Box took the experience of DIY science projects to a whole new level by developing an app for young explorers of electricity.
‘How to Make Electricity’ is a virtual lab for kids in which they can have all kinds of fun experimenting with electric power sources. Plug-and-play features with items like light bulbs or pickles make learning fun and interactive.
While discovering ways to alter items, children will get an early introduction to the electrical phenomena. Switching to ‘science view’ allows kids to discover electrons, and observe the processes at the molecular level. We used principles of learning from educational research in the development of our application.
- Four lab sections: chemical, hydro, thermal, and solar.
- Electrochemical set: water, cola, salt, copper key, aluminum fork, and iron nail.
- Hydropower set: magnet, gears, water pump, and coils.
- Thermal power set: magnet, flask, fire, pinwheel, and coils.
- Solar set: solar panel, sun, clouds, wind, thermometer, birds and their guano.
- Load circuit for experiments: switch, emotional voltmeter, and placeholders for pluggable items.
- Pluggable items: light bulb, rheostat, fan, speaker, potato, and pickle.
- Quick tutorials and guides for each lab.
- Labels and descriptions for each item.
- Discovery rewards for curiosity.
- Educational content for smarty pants.
- Two levels of representation: normal and ‘science view’ mode.
- Protected parents zone.
- Parents' guide.
*** THIS EXPERIENCE
- Is designed for iPhone and iPad
- Does not contain in-app purchases or advertising
*** CONTACT US
Please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** STAY TUNED
For updates, parental support, and news about our latest apps, please visit our website www.crayonfriends.com
Find us on social networks:
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Electricity is so inevitable. I feel like a robot in this app. It enlightens my skills. I will always stick with education.
- CRAYON BOX Inc.
- 119 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 CRAYON BOX Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.