HOWL is a simple vocoder/synthesizer. It uses formants to simulate the human voice and a pitch-space keyboard to help you find interesting melodies.
• Simple synthesizer (just a sawtooth wave nothing too complicated okay)
• Simple vocoder (four parallel bandpass filters, a bit like the Klatt engine)
• Audiobus support, so you can pipe your own audio through the vocoder and/or send the output to other software
• Adjustable pitch-space keyboard
• Cool FX (bitcrush, reverb, vibrato and tremolo)
Download it today!
HOWL is also open source (check out the code at https://github.com/dclelland/HOWL).
iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
Plays well with AUM and Audioshare (Audioshare being a source). Just don't forget to play (and/or lock) it while filtering and turn the knobs down a bit so you can hear your source audio coming in. Very excited to further mangle more sound experiments.
Really a thrill to use with all the modulation options at your fingertips on an iPad. Phenomenal touchscreen UI. I'm about to record a particularly grimey slurry of vowels and use that audio as the modulator for ableton's vocoder. It's gonna be funnnn....
I like it but...
Can’t figure out why when the app is open it disables sound output to my Bluetooth headphones. Makes it useless when I’m traveling or on the train.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.