HowStuffWorks for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Outsmart yourself with the newest release of the award-winning HowStuffWorks iPad App. Access all of the most popular HSW articles such as the thought-provoking ‘10 Inventions that Changed the World’ to the practical ‘10 iPad Apps for Personal Productivity.’ Get tons of videos and podcasts, plus endless content from popular HowStuffWorks’ sections like cars, electronics, finance and much more. And of course, keep yourself sharp as a tack by taking one of our HowStuffWorks quizzes… all exclusively available for the iPad!
- Get the best! Named one of 2011’s Best by Apple
- Dig deeper! Related videos now included within the video player
- Browse easier! Smoother, faster and improved article swipes, image galleries, and search results
- Includes general bug and performance fixes
- 40,000+ articles! 12,000+ videos! 2,000+ shows! 1,000+ quizzes!
- Get smarter with a daily dose of new facts and quotes every time you open the app
- Access both HowStuffWorks and Discovery Channel archived videos from one app
- Watch AirPlay enabled videos directly on your Apple TV device
- Challenge your friends, earn badges and be a HowStuffWorks 'expert' - ‘Shows’ let you listen to podcasts while you browse the app
- Still not enough? ‘Related Stuff’ lets you dig deeper into any article or podcast to find out more
-Stuff You Should Know – One of the Best of iTunes 2008 and 2010
-Stuff You Missed in History Class – One of the Best of iTunes 2008 and 2010
-BrainStuff – A fan favorite for your noggin
-Stuff Mom Never Told You – One of the Best of iTunes 2009
-TechStuff – The perfect podcast for seasoned techies and novices alike
-Stuff to Blow Your Mind – Best of iTunes for 2010
-CarStuff – Auto enthusiasts’ favorite
- Stuff They Don’t Want You to Know
- Stuff of Genius - Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Stuff from the Future
Download it today and get smart!
What's New in Version 1.3
- retina iPad support
- bug fixes and enhancements
Junk of an app
Love Stuff You Should Know, and love Josh and Chuck, but this app does neither justice. Search is hit and miss, and the podcast function's propensity to time out when paused and forget where you left off make that piece equally frustrating. We're asked thru the podcast to listen through the website or app, and offered additional content as an incentive, but the general flakiness of this app make that too much work. I'm sure you'll figure it out, but in the meantime, it's back to iTunes for me.
When I try to use the search function within the app, the app crashes every time. This feature used to work fine on my iPad 2, but either an app or OS update has broken it. I love listening to the podcasts but it sure is difficult scrolling so much within a tiny box and, like I mentioned, the search doesn't work anymore.