HP All-in-One Printer Remote
By HP Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Document control from virtually anywhere (1)
Seamlessly move between paper and cloud-based files with intelligent mobile scanning and easy control of your HP e-All-in-One from your iPhone or iPad (1).
• Create high-quality documents from the camera-enabled intelligent mobile scanning feature or send scans directly to your mobile device from your HP e-All-in-One (2, 4). Then print or share your device- or cloud-based files online or by email (1, 2, 3).
• Intelligent mobile scanner technology automatically processes images taken by your iPhone or iPad’s camera to create high-quality documents (2). Documents can be saved as PDF or JPEG to share, store, or print from your device (1, 3).
• Access cloud document storage services such as iCloud, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive or social media sites including Facebook.(1)
• Use your mobile device’s large screen to control scan and print functions of your HP e-All-in-One (3, 4).
• Print photos, PDF, web pages, email attachments, Microsoft Office documents, and more from virtually anywhere (3).
• Print and scan with Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod (iOS 7.0 or later). Mobile scanning feature supported by iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5s,6, 6 plus, iPad (3rd generation), iPad mini, iPad Air and iPod 5G (iOS 7.0 or later) with 5 megapixels or more camera with autofocus.
• HP Printers: Control scan functions on the same wireless network with HP 2010 or later ePrint-enabled All-in-Ones including many HP DeskJet, Envy, OfficeJet, OfficeJet Pro All-in-Ones, DesignJet, and LaserJet MFP.
1. Document access to cloud services requires an Internet connection. Wireless access point may be required. May require third party subscription with separately purchased service contract.
2. Requires 5 megapixels or greater camera with auto-focus capability.
3. Printing requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
4. Scan control requires mobile device and printer be on the same wireless network or through wireless direct connection to printer.
What's New in Version 4.8
• Get information directly about special offers available from HP.
• Contact HP Support on Twitter from the app.
• Change the email address for the printer.
• View the printing supplies information of inactive or offline printers.
• Minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Works great right up until it doesn't. Took me two days, or I should say, it took the printer two days to decide it would accept commands. Followed instructions to the T. Set up went well til about half way though connecting to my device, getting printer email, somewhere right in there if just stopped. Spent half the night on it, got frustrated and quit. Day two: tried to print something. Said there was an error and to heck the printer. Could not complete the setup via device, so I had to do the manual process through the frustratingly tiny touchscreen interface. Finally printed a page. I'm afraid this unit is going to require constant maintaining to print wirelessly. My previous hp printer did well for about a year. I think they build these units to last about that long. This is going to be a long year, I fear.
Life is simple
Can't believe I'm just figuring out this could be done considering my computers are so slow and I'm reluctant to upgrade. Frustrated with my laptop, I took it to google. Watched some 12 year old kid explain how the app worked (4 years ago mind you), and the rest from there was simple! All I had to do was turn on my printer, download the app to my iPad, and my important documents are already on their merry way! I'm going to ENJOY using my new found technology (no matter how old it actually is). Didn't take 5 minutes. Will use frequently!
Works great for me
Had some difficulty getting my router and printer synced up and had to spend quite a bit of time on the phone with HP.
Signed up for free ink cartridges at a couple bucks a month, and the guy who help me set that up helped me with this app.
Once everything got synced up, it worked Great! I can give commands to print or scan hardcopy documents all from my iPhone or iPad. I can check ink levels and email scanned documents off from my Apple devices. Very convenient!!
I especially love that I can scan a hardcopy by placing it under the lid of the printer and get an electronic copy! Also, can print pictures of any pictures in my photo album, too. Though, I don't care to purchase Photo quality paper.
All in all, very very very happy with this printer, it is very versatile and has a whole lot of functionality, and best of all I can operate all functions from my Apple devices. Five stars!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: HP Inc.
- Copyright © 2015 HP Development Company, L.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.