The HPE iLO Mobile application provides remote access to the console of your Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant server from your iPhone or iPad. This app interacts directly with the iLO processor on ProLiant servers to provide total control of the server at all times as long as the server is plugged in. You can access the server when it is in a healthy state or when it is powered off before an operating system is installed. As an IT administrator, you can troubleshoot problems and perform software deployments from almost anywhere.
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO Mobile app allows you to perform the following tasks:
• Operate the server power switch.
• Use the Remote Console to interact with the operating system, including BIOS and ROM configuration changes.
• Mount an ISO CD/DVD image from an image file hosted on a web server (http or https). The disk image is available on the server as a USB CD/DVD drive. You can boot from the disk image and deploy an operating system.
• Launch Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO scripts and monitor their progress.
• Access the Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO web interface.
• Store the list of servers you want to manage.
• Only Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant servers with iLO 3 or later are supported. This consists of all ProLiant G7, Gen8, Gen9, and Gen10 servers, except ProLiant G7 100 series with Lights-Out 100i.
• You must have network access to the iLOs you want to manage. When connecting from the cellular phone network, this typically involves reconfiguring a firewall or setting up a VPN. You can connect through a firewall using a VPN or you can open/forward the following ports:
• HTTP: Port 80
• HTTPS: Port 443
• Remote Console: Port 17990
Note: The ports listed in this section are the default values. You can view or change the port settings on the Administration > Access Settings page of the iLO web interface.
• The following features require a Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO Advanced license on the server:
o iLO Virtual Media
o Remote Console is included on ProLiant Blade servers. A license is required on all other servers.
o Scripting is available on all servers, but a license is required for the scripting of certain features such as iLO Virtual Media.
For information about Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO and iLO Advanced licenses, see http://www.hpe.com/info/ilo.
• The Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO Mobile app may consume significant network bandwidth. When using the cellular network, monitor your data use if you do not have an unlimited data plan. Consider using Wi-Fi when possible.
Version 1.11 adds support for iPhone X, adds an optional user-specified display name, and includes bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Seems to work fine
Just used it over work VPN to reboot DL380 G7 running RHEL. Server uses iLo 3.
It did not show the OS shutdown or startup messages which I see on my PC when using iLo, but ultimately it worked.
It did display the BIOS splash screen, which was good to view, but was only indication that the system had truly rebooted.
Would recommend app to others.
If your server’s iLo is not licensed your remote console may not work. On PC it will boot you out of the remote console. Not sure how this app reacts to that. Hope this info helps those just starting to use iLo.
It’s great that I can use a VPN from my iPhone in an emergency and get into my servers. It seems like I should be able to specify an IP address for the sever but also set a friendly name to display which server I was connecting to.
App is great but the usability could be improved a bit.
Unable to connect either to the console or to the home page, though my ProLiant server allows me to connect through a web browser just fine.
HPE, yes the web browser I’m referring to above is safari running on the same iOS device.
Was the browser that worked Safari running on the same iOS device? If not, then this is probably a networking issue. There has to be a path from your iOS device to the HTTPS port on iLO. This usually means a VPN connection from the outside or a WiFi connection. Please call HPE support if you are still having problems.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- 10 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2011-2017 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.