The HPR Public Radio App allows you to listen to HPR live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to HPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from HPR even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to HPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, BBC and HPR) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The HPR Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The HPR Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at HPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support HPR Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on listener feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Discrepancy between streaming and live programming
Am a bit disappointed w this as there seems to be a delay between live programming on the radio and streaming on my phone via the app, which results in missing the continuous thread of the music. Really frustrating when you’re listening in the car and then want to continue w same program on your phone while shopping, but it sounds like they have different programming on app than on the radio. However, it’s great if you simply want good music with you always...
No link in Twitter share function
I survey several news sites and share pertinent stories with student and faculty social studies groups. I often share local HPR stories in these discussion groups. While this app is very functional, I noticed when I share a story on twitter, there's no URL included. The viewer cannot access the story they're being told about. I cannot get the story's URL unless I view through a browser, which defeats the purpose of having an app. Please fix this, as I appreciate HPR staff's local news work and want to continue adding their stories to our weekly briefings. Thank you!
Versatile, agile, intelligent news and music! What Fun
Love this app. Can't believe it took so long to fully understand the enormous benefits.
I appreciate the news, commentary and opinions as well as first class interviews, music of all genres, and the something for everyone approach.
The app lets you choose between stations, channels, schedules and programming at the tap of a finger. Just love it!
- Hawaii Public Radio
- 56.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Hawaii Public Radio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.