Submit a request and/or report non-emergency issues about Nashville and Davidson County government services quickly and easily in a single location even if you’re not sure which department to contact.
hubNashville is a comprehensive customer service center that connects residents and visitors of Nashville and Davidson County to trained representatives who route their non-emergency requests appropriately. Users of hubNashville can ask questions, report issues, or share feedback online, via app or by telephone by dialing 3-1-1. Users who create an account with the hubNashville app or log in to an existing account created through the online portal will get updates on their existing requests.
The hubNashville app connects you to the online request form where you can select from a wide variety of the most common requests.
hubNashville helps you answer questions such as:
- How do I report a streetlight that is out?
- What day is my trash collected?
- How do I get my brush picked up?
- Where can I take my recycling, and what items can be recycled?
- How can I report illegal dumping, overgrowth, or potholes?
In addition, the hubNashville app allows you to attach photos of and location details for reported issues.
Visit us online at https://hub.nashville.gov/
See hubNashville requests mapped at http://nashview.nashville.gov
Find hubNashville data in the open data portal at http://data.nashville.gov
This is our first major update since we launched the hubNashville 311 app in April. We have received your feedback and have been working daily to make improvements that we believe will enhance your
mobile hubNashville experience.
Most of the changes included in this update will allow you to enjoy a more seamless experience by making use of the information you have already provided. These enhancements include the following:
- The “Locate Me” function will now zoom the map in to your current location
- The map’s zoom level will now be carried through to other maps that may require your location
- When you are submitting a request while logged in to your account, your account details will be pulled into the “Contact” page (Note: You can always choose to erase or change your information on the “Contact” page)
We hope you enjoy our first of many updates to the hubNashville 311 app. Please continue to send us your comments and we will review each of them and make improvements where we can. Thank you for your participation and early adoption of our newest public service.
Ratings and Reviews
There are a couple issues, a lot of the options available to report issues have no information once you click on them. If you do manage to report an issue and select the option to create an account, account is not created. Once a report has been submitted, and since an account was not created, there is no way to search on your open request.
There is no way to upload documents, only pictures. And the pictures don’t even work, since it freezes rather than using the camera. The website also doesn’t work on a Mac. I tried both Safari and chrome and both gave errors when I tried to upload a permit request. Nothing actually works to completion.
I really like how easy it is to use! It really helped me get my road fixed, thanks!
- NASHVILLE & DAVIDSON COUNTY, METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF
- 30.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.