Play Chords is the first Philips Hue piano that challenges you with different combinations of notes and chords, based on popular chord progressions. Play them in time to collect points and raise your difficulty level. Loose points when you play wrong notes!
Besides the fun you will naturally improve your musical understanding, from note reading and identification to playing popular chords and chord progressions. And it doesn't stop there: The more you play the better you become!
* multitouch virtual piano
* supports external MIDI pianos
* maany chords to read and play
* based on real music theory (circle of fifth, scales, symbols etc.)
* innovative double sheet view that makes it easy for beginners to see what they are playing.
* supports Bluetooth MIDI compatible apps and devices
* supports Philips Hue for additional lighting effects or as a fun way for kids to explore the piano.
* simple and easy interface with adjustable colors for a personalized learning experience.
* lots of help with note and chord names, intervals and music theory background
* no ads!
Play Chords Pro:
This one-time inApp allows you to configure all app settings to optimize your training sessions (lessons, keys, progressions, repetitions, etc). Game Mode is completely free.
- Midi over Bluetooth is a new technology so there might be connection bugs and hickups in this app and also compatible apps.
- connect an external midi keyboard!
- connect your Philps Hue
- search the app store for "Bluetooth Midi" or "BLE Midi" to find compatible music apps like sequencers and DAWs to experiment with them, Play Chords and your Hue.
There is always room for improvements and additional features so please comment below with ideas or feedback or send me a mail via email@example.com.
I wish you much success and fun!
This major update for the first Philips Hue piano brings you a cool new feature, an interactive piano chords and chord progression training game suitable for all piano and music hobbyists, students, kids and parents. Improve your musical understanding and music theory skills with this fun and challenging game. The more you play the more you learn!
Play Chords is free to play and without ads but with an optional premium upgrade to achieve best learning, training or improvising results.
Ratings and Reviews
No review. Just reporting bug.
It supports midi but requires keyboard responses one octave higher than the correct answer.
So bad I had write a review
Great potential! Still being developed?
I honestly think the focus of this app could be slightly shifted to become far more than it can be at the moment. Instead of a ‘music’ app with Hue functionality, I feel like it could be a method of pre-programming specific animations of lights, based on ‘keyframed’ midi notes. Of course the colors would have to be expanded (or customizable), but I think the potential is very much there.
I have been able to use this to control my Hue lights (my main use for it) in specific ways with the keys, and to record it to my Mac (Garageband or Logic) as a MIDI track.
I have not, however, been able to figure out how to re-send that track back to Hue & Midi, which is what I assume is meant by using it as a ‘sequencer’ to trigger the lights, etc inside of Hue & Midi. I may be doing something wrong though, of course. Under ‘BLE Central’ nothing really pops up…which I am assuming is what is needed to ‘receive’ the incoming notes / instructions? I’ve tried using Apollo Midi (bought it just for this), but it didn’t seem to work in relaying. I’m a bit confused if a Bluetooth Midi or BLE Midi is needed on the Mac or the iPhone I am running it on. Either way, there doesn’t seem to be many options, none of which I can figure out after hours of searching.
Anyway, I want to praise what you’ve started here, as your app is on the way to being the closest I have seen in key-triggered light automation — not just pre-set “relaxation” lighting that everyone seems to do. Even if that is not what you were intending.
Give it some thought. ;)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.