By curious satellite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hueless. The Black & White Camera for iPhone.
Hueless helps you to take better black & white photographs with pioneering Live B&W Preview, Exposure & Contrast Adjustments and Color Filters. The image you see in the viewfinder is the image you see in the Photo Roll. Full-resolution, no post-processing required.
**Please note that Hueless does not post-process images from your camera roll. Hueless is a camera.**
▧ "This is certainly the app that Ansel Adams would have on his home screen. When I’m in the mood to shoot pure black and white this is my go to app." - Richard Koci Hernandez ▨
The perfect companion for the iPhone photographer, Hueless is the experience of loading a roll of black & white film into iPhone and capturing the beauty of light & shadow.
▧ "It really is absolutely, positively one of my favorite apps for the iPhone... If you don't have it, shame on you!" - John Gruber / Daring Fireball, The Talk Show ▨
Hueless is focused on features designed to give you creative control in your photography.
- JPEG or Lossless TIFF photo saving options
- Custom Presets: Save your favorite image adjustments and interface settings to a bank of 4 presets and jump back-&-forth between the last 2 presets used with a tap
- Control Focus & Exposure together (single-tap) or separately (two-finger tap) with auto & lock modes.
- Share your Preset Image Adjustment Formulas with other Hueless photographers via email, Twitter & Facebook
- Geotag your photos - Turn geotagging ON and OFF in the iOS Settings Hueless pane
- HIGH ISO mode for expanded low-light performance (on supported hardware)
- "Quick Review" your last shot with a touch-&-hold on the Review Button
- Live Exposure Control Slider
- Live Contrast Adjustment Slider with Contrast (black/white) Balance
- Variable Live color Filters in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue
- Variable aspect shooting: 4:3 (full frame), 5:4, 3:2, 1:1 & 2.39:1 (cinema) aspects any time, with a pinch of the live preview
- Rule of Thirds, Architectural and 1:1 dynamic alignment grids.
- Regular, Expanded, Rest & Release and Volume + Hardware shutter release options
- Extended Flash support with "LAMP" mode
- Standard EXIF with custom Artist Credit entry
- Export your photos to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and email
- Launch Center Pro support with actions to launch with presets
The on-screen interface is happy to get out of your way, with a tap on the Hueless "H" button you can hide/show the on-screen camera interface for undistracted shooting.
Hueless is the b&w camera for iPhone that brings the "What You See is What You Get" to black & white mobile Photography.
▧ We love to see what you are shooting with Hueless!
Follow @Hueless on Twitter and Instagram to see great b&w photos from around the world and share your photos with #Hueless for recognition and retweets.▨
If you enjoy shooting with Hueless please consider leaving a review, it really helps people discover our camera.
What's New in Version 2.6
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.6
ALL NEW FOCUSING ENGINE
Set and control Focus & Exposure together or separately with AUTO & LOCK modes.
- SINGLE TAP to set AUTO Focus/Exposure at a single point
- Touch and hold to LOCK Focus/Exposure at a single point
- TWO-FINGER TAP to split Focus & Exposure
- Drag to select Focus or Exposure point
- Tap Focus or Exposure to toggle AUTO and LOCK modes
- Double tap to reset AUTO Focus/Exposure at center of image
5:4 ASPECT RATIO
We have added 5:4 to our stable of aspect ratios. Now you can choose from 4:3, 5:4, 3:2, 1:1 or 2.39:1
FIXES & ENHANCEMENTS IN 2.6
- Improved preview speed on some devices
- Improved aspect masking
- Updated mode messages
▧ Keep the feedback & photos coming and, most of all, enjoy shooting! ▧
Best I've Found
This is the one. If you want a solid black-and-white photo app that is first-and-foremost a camera, this is the one. I love the colour filters, and the way you can adjust the percent of filter applied. These are proper colour filters in a black-and-whie environment, too, affecting tone but not applying tint. Contrast adjustment is slick and easy, and there are preset slots for common shooting modes. Overall a very nice, true camera app.
One wish: make an iPad-friendly version. My mini goes where I go, and is the camera I use most often (yes, I know it is not as good as the iPhone camera, but I don't have or want an iPhone). Works fine on the mini as an iPhone app, but still, it would be great to see it as a hybrid.
This is THE B&W Camera for Your iPhone.
I've been using Hueless for a long time -- since it first came out. I've bought and tried other B&W apps and nothing has compared in terms of quality, ffeatures and ease-of-use. I only really use the Brightness and Contrast controls, with excellent results. The camera is rather fast at focusing, to boot! Worth way more than the 99¢. Just get it.
Excellent B&W photography
If you're in to black and white photography, this is an excellent app. Note, it's just a camera - this is not an editor. I love the different options and it's been fun to play around. I am very pleased with the quality of photos I'm producing with this; the only issue is the interface. It needs to be updated. Once that happens you will get 5 stars.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 19, 2013
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Orbital Guidance Industries, Limited
- ©2012 curious satellite
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.