Huemote is a fast remote for your Philips Hue lights. Change colors, turn up the brightness, quickly toggle lights on and off and save your favorite light settings into scenes.
Create groups for your lights and control as many as 16 lights at the same time. Organize your lights and groups in any order you see fit; and with scenes, you can set your lights just the way you like them with one tap.
Control your groups and scenes form the lock screen with the Today Widget, and even better, control your lights quickly without even pulling out your phone using the Huemote Apple Watch app! Change colors, dim brightness, all from your wrist.
- Control lights’ brightness, color and state.
- Control multiple lights at a time with groups.
- Save your favorite presets into scenes, and recall them with one tap.
- Quick access controls on the Today Widget.
- Powerful control from the Apple Watch app.
- Rename your lights, groups and scenes.
- Customize the order of your lights ,groups and scenes.
- Search for new lights; they will be added automatically when they are found.
- Sync your lights settings on all your devices using iCloud.
No other application is as fast and easy to use as Huemote.
Addresses an issue that prevented the "Bridge not found" screen to appear, so if your bridge changed IPs all you would see was all your lights offline. I'm really sorry about that!
This is a small update that paves the way for future updates with bigger impact.
- Offline lights will now be reflected as such in the app
- You can now manually enter your Hue Bridge IP in case it can't be found automatically
- Huemote speaks more than 1 language now!
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Ratings and Reviews
Great and Simple
Just installed a bunch of hue lights (white ambiance) and then disabled all of our in-wall switches. Needed a simple control panel to be used on our home iPad that could turn on/off the lights. This is the only one with a very clean interface as a lock screen widget.
The only problem (and it's a problem with all widgets) is it can't query the current state of the bulbs. So you have to press the icon twice to turn off a room. This is true for the default Hue app as well. It just bothers me that the icons indicate a room is on when I know it's not. A simple UI/UX fix, would just to not even indicate the state of the bulb. That's what the default Hue app does, but their icons are big and ugly to begin with.
Running ios 10, iPhone 6
Using 2nd gen bridge(square), and 3rd gen A19 white and color ambience bulbs(from the starter kit), I never have connectivity problems.
Runs so much better and is more responsive than the original hue app which I only used to set up connectivity with Siri.
Only thing though... if I want to turn on or off the lights via the lock screen widgets, the phone shuts down like it ran out of juice for a few seconds. It doesn't happen every single time but pretty often. That doesn't happen when the phone is unlocked though.
Clean interface and great reliability overall.
Excellent controller; basic feature set
Five stars for everything this application does because those features are excellent. I withhold one star from the overall rating due to the basic list of features that this application offers.
If all you want to do is turn on and off your Hue Lights, individually change the light's color, and create simple groupings then look no further. Huemote does that fantastic. This application is light weight, responsive, and very stable.
If you are looking for more advanced features like wifi fencing, grouped light adjustments, or scheduled timers move on to another application.
- Fernando Toledo Guerrero
- 11.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Fernando Toledo
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Huemote Patronage $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.