Hum combines lyric-writing, note-taking, and audio recording into a single app for capturing and organizing all your songwriting ideas. Hum keeps your lyrics and song ideas organized and sortable so you never lose anything again. Hum keeps everything backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Tag and sort any of your lyrics and riffs by key, tuning, tonality, color, and mood.
• Share your ideas via email or iMessage.
• Import audio from other apps.
• Keep a page of notes for each song, separate from your lyrics.
• Play your ideas straight from the library—no need to tap into a song to audition your ideas.
• Keep organized with folders
• Keep your library backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Stay in tune with a built-in tuner.
If you’ve enjoyed using Hum, please leave a review.
Added in 1.11
Added - Folders. You can now add Hums to folders to further keep things organized.
Added in 1.10.2
Fixed - Hum was syncing too often and interrupting lyric-writing.
Added in 1.10.1
Fixed - The sorting and filtering popovers weren't looking right on iOS 10.
Fixed - The search bar was trolling our iOS 10 users.
Added in 1.10
Added - Hum’s been updated for iOS 11. Added - Hum looks nice on iPhone X.
Added - We now count the number of Hums in the sidebar.
Added - You can now restore a Hum from the trash. Duh!
Improved - We’ve got better gestures for revealing the sidebar throughout.
Improved - We’ve rewritten our syncing engine.
Fixed - The keyboard no longer closes when your search returns zero results.
Removed - We’ve dropped support for iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Grateful for Hum
I have been a hard core, verbally supportive user of Songwriter HD for gong on 4 years. I talked countless songwriters into buying it, and now, unfortunately, the developers sold it to someone who is not updating and has no intention of updating. Getting notifications from Apple and Dropbox Songwriter HD will soon be useless. I get no response from anyone when I look for answers.
Thankfully there is an heir to the throne with Hum. Does everything it should do and everything it claims to do. This is the new songwriter's dream and my new go-to tool. The price absolutely can't be beat for all it does. I am very picky about the app I use for writing my songs, and believe me, if I have suggestions for improvement, I hound the company. For now, though, Hum is on the right track. I hope they plan on sticking around. It says this is iPhone only, but it works on my iPad Pro, it just looks weird. All my support is here. If you are a songwriter in need of an app for writing, Hum is the way to go.
I really do love this app!
This has become my main songwriting app. Beautiful design, and I love the way you can sort songs and record while seeing your lyrics. Super indispensable! Everything on it is perfect, EXCEPT for two tiny suggestions I have.
I really wish I could have the option of playing an instrumental track on my phone speakers WHILE recording my vocals over it in the app. Kind of like how Snapchat allows you to play a song and record video in a snap without pausing or stopping the song. I wish I could play a track through speakers and record with the mic at the same time so I don’t have to use a separate device to play the track while I record vocals on my phone.
Second, I would love if the app made its own way to create a profile and have storage for the song files. When I try to back up my songs using Dropbox within the app, it freezes or crashes.
Otherwise, this is a handy little app and very with the $2-3 I spent!
A Great Start
I am also a long time user of the Songwriter app as well as SongHub. The Hum app is very simple and easy to use but lacks some key features that would make it a great songwriting app.
What I Like
1. It's simple and easy to use.
2. Clean modern design.
3. My favorite feature is the notes section. This is a feature that I have never seen in any other songwriting app. It gives you a place to try new lyrics and lines without messing up the basic lyrics you already have. If you could see some of my works in progress, you would understand why I love this.
1. Folders so you can have your Ideas, In Progress and Completed songs separated instead of all bunched together.
2. The ability to create song sections within a song that can be rearranged.
3. The ability to hide the recorder at the bottom to give you more screen real estate.
4. An iPad version with syncing to use when performing.
This is my first take and I will probably update this review once I get more time with it. Enjoy!
- Just Hum LLC
- 90.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Just Hum, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Hum Tuner $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.