By Just Hum
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hum combines note-taking and audio recording into a single app for capturing and organizing all your songwriting ideas. Hum keeps your lyrics and song ideas organized and sortable so you never lose anything again. Hum keeps everything backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Tag and sort any of your lyrics and riffs by key, tuning, tonality, color, and mood.
• Share your ideas via email or message.
• Import audio from other apps.
• Keep a page of notes for each song, separate from your lyrics.
• Play your ideas straight from the library—no need to tap into a song to audition your ideas.
• Keep your library backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Stay in tune with a built-in tuner.
If you've enjoyed using Hum, please leave a review.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Added in 1.9.1
Added - We’ve gotten some help from Rachel Hyman, so we’ve added her to the About page.
Added - Hum is now translated to Spanish.
Improved - Scrubbing a song that’s playing in the library no longer reveals the sidebar
Fixed - There was a crash when sharing songs.
Fixed - We now disable searching, sorting, and filtering if there are no songs in the Library or Trash.
Added in 1.9
Improved - We’ve changed the design of Hum a little bit. We’ve added a sidebar to make room for some future features.
Improved - Your main library is now called “All Hums” and can be accessed in the sidebar.
Improved - Sorting and Filtering have moved next to the search bar.
Improved - Our translations have been improved throughout Hum.
Improved - To account for a new design, our launch image needed to change a bit.
Added - We’ve added a trash so your Hums won’t be deleted immediately. You can access the trash in the sidebar.
Added in 1.8
Added - You can now import audio into Hum. If you’re in an app that has audio files, you can now import them to Hum as a newly created Hum.
Fixed - There were some crashes when sharing.
Improved - Thickened up the waveform in spots where the audio was very quiet.
Added in 1.7
Added - We’re using the native sharing in iOS so you can now share your Hums to more apps.
Fixed - Sometimes our inline waveforms wouldn’t generate properly.
Fixed - Inline playback after pausing in the control center would cause the playback scrubber to jump all over.
Improved - It’s now a lot more clear which color is selected.
Improved - Waveforms now draw a little differently visually as part of a larger forthcoming redesign. They should also be a tiny bit faster.
Removed - We’ve removed support for iOS 8.
Grateful for Hum
I have been a hard core, verbally supportive user of Songwriter HD for gong on 4 years. I talked countless songwriters into buying it, and now, unfortunately, the developers sold it to someone who is not updating and has no intention of updating. Getting notifications from Apple and Dropbox Songwriter HD will soon be useless. I get no response from anyone when I look for answers.
Thankfully there is an heir to the throne with Hum. Does everything it should do and everything it claims to do. This is the new songwriter's dream and my new go-to tool. The price absolutely can't be beat for all it does. I am very picky about the app I use for writing my songs, and believe me, if I have suggestions for improvement, I hound the company. For now, though, Hum is on the right track. I hope they plan on sticking around. It says this is iPhone only, but it works on my iPad Pro, it just looks weird. All my support is here. If you are a songwriter in need of an app for writing, Hum is the way to go.
A Great Start
I am also a long time user of the Songwriter app as well as SongHub. The Hum app is very simple and easy to use but lacks some key features that would make it a great songwriting app.
What I Like
1. It's simple and easy to use.
2. Clean modern design.
3. My favorite feature is the notes section. This is a feature that I have never seen in any other songwriting app. It gives you a place to try new lyrics and lines without messing up the basic lyrics you already have. If you could see some of my works in progress, you would understand why I love this.
1. Folders so you can have your Ideas, In Progress and Completed songs separated instead of all bunched together.
2. The ability to create song sections within a song that can be rearranged.
3. The ability to hide the recorder at the bottom to give you more screen real estate.
4. An iPad version with syncing to use when performing.
This is my first take and I will probably update this review once I get more time with it. Enjoy!
Excellent iPhone App; But Request for MacBook Support
I’ve been using this app here and there as for when I’ve suddenly got an idea or tune on my mind out of the blue, which will dissipate very quickly if no action is taken.
This app allows me to hum the tune and write the lyrics ASAP along side each other so you can see both at the same time. Sweet! I’ve never seen that feature before.
One HUGE complaint/request I have is if there can be a version of this you can get for MacBook or other Apple laptops/notebooks, where Hum “ideas” could be imported through iTunes? Please?
That way I could transport all my small stuff to a laptop where I can really sort it all out and such and use there.
Thanks a bunch! This is a great app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 25, 2017
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Just Hum LLC
- © 2017 Just Hum, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hum Tuner$0.99