Human Anatomy Atlas 2018
By Visible Body
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Human Anatomy Atlas 2018 Edition is the go-to 3D anatomy reference app for healthcare professionals, students, and professors. The app includes comprehensive male and female 3D gross anatomy models, select microanatomy of tissues and organs, cadaver slices and diagnostic images that are paired with 3D cross-sections, and interactive animations of muscles and bones.
What do you get with Human Anatomy Atlas 2018?
Extensive library of content vetted by a team of medical experts
- Explore thousands of 3D anatomical structures in the male and female models
- See structures from all body systems: nervous, skeletal, circulatory, muscular, digestive, urinary, lymphatic, endocrine, and reproductive
- Delve into the microanatomy of tissues and special organs, including nephrons and alveoli
- Watch muscle movements demonstrated in rotatable moving 3D animations
- Compare 3D cross-sections side-by-side with cadaver images and diagnostic images
Encyclopedic reference and study content, in 7 languages
- Detailed definitions, Latin names, and English pronunciations
- Descriptions of injuries, diseases, and pathologies
- 1,000+ question test bank for quizzing and improving anatomy mastery
- Language settings include English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and simplified Chinese
Powerful search engine, preset views, and easy-add features
- Search or browse for the anatomy you need to study or show
- Add anatomy or dissect
- Save, annotate, and share visuals. Create a Favorites library.
- Use the Tour feature to create a visual presentation
What's New in Version 2018.2.27
* Augmented Reality! Turn any room into an anatomy lab.
* New 3D Gross Anatomy Lab! Dissect a virtual cadaver in the prone or supine position.
* And, as always, we've got performance enhancements, minor improvements, and bug fixes.
Good but not really AR
A very good anatomy explorer. However floating the 3D model on a virtual table is barely “AR” and is actually an inferior way to use this app. Way easier to use the conventional touch interface.
This could be so much better — for instance hold out your hand and see the inner structure as you move your hand. Or point the camera at your friend and see internal anatomy. AR has so much potential but this app gets a C for effort regarding AR.
I wish I had this available in medical school, internship, residency(Neurology) and in practice.
Retired now but thoroughly enjoying reviewing all other body systems. Well worth the price!
This app blew me away
As an artist struggling to learn dynamic muscle structures like those in the forearm, this app couldn't have helped me more. You can see all of the muscles and forms moving and in 3D!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 20, 2017
- Version: 2018.2.27
- Size: 1.14 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2018. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Patient Education Animations $19.99