Note: There is a more robust version of this product available: Human Anatomy Atlas 2017 Edition! The all-new Human Anatomy Atlas 2017 Edition is the most robust 3D anatomy reference available. It includes 3D models, cross sections, MRI and CT scans, cadaver images, 3D moving models of muscles and bones, physiology animations, and more! Check it out on our App Store page. It requires an iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or later, or an iPhone 5s or later
Used as a reference by healthcare professionals and in anatomy courses. Includes all body systems, comprehensive gross anatomy of the male and female (each model with 5,000+ structures), select microanatomy, encyclopedic definitions, disease descriptions, pronunciations, and quizzes.
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas:
(1) How much content is in the app?
- Over 5,000 3D structures in a male and female human body. (Over 10,000 total.) You can zoom, pan, and rotate to study from multiple viewpoints and zoom levels.
- To learn more about any structure, tap on it. You’ll get a definition, pronunciation, Latin term, and common diseases explained.
- More than 1,000 quiz questions
- There is also additional content, like select microanatomy and physiology videos.
(2) How do I access all those 3D structures?
There are three ways to view structures:
- Use the browse or search options to find a body part and show it on screen.
- Tap on a system icon to bring up that entire body system. (Tip: Tap the Favorites icon to save any of the views you make!)
- Select from over 100 pre-made views. These views offer another fast way to access the most popular content. We set them up so you can quickly see regional anatomy (like the thoracic cage with the heart, lungs, and great vessels or the pelvic cavity with reproductive, urinary, and digestive organs).
(3) What are some of the ways I can share this content with my patients, students, or classmates?
- Tap the share icon to email content to anyone!
- Everyone gets a screen capture and a link. Users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone can use the link to open and save the same 3D view on their device.
(4) What makes Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas the worldwide best-seller?
- Expertly developed: Our 3D models and animations are created by biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Yale University, University of Texas, and others.
- Easy to use: Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com). 2015 Tabby User’s Choice Award.
- Used in private practice, at hospitals, universities, and by consumers: Visible Body | Argosy Publishing has decades of experience providing medical content that helps visualize anatomy & physiology. Pharmaceutical and med device companies use our apps to present new products to doctors. Wolters Kluwer Health includes our apps in the wealth of solutions they provide hospitals, medical libraries, professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health. Thousands of people a day, around the globe, visit our website to learn basic anatomy and check out our apps.
(5) What content is in the in-app purchases?
- Most of the additional purchases are videos that show basic physiology and pathologies. These are ideal if you want to extend your copy of Human Anatomy Atlas to also include visual information about physiology and pathology. The app comes with over a dozen videos included. Check those out to get a sense for if you want more.
- There are two in-app purchases that add detailed bony landmarks, muscle attachment details, and 3D animations of common muscle actions. These are for users who want very detailed information on musculoskeletal function.
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of Key Features:
- More anatomy! Dozens of new nerves and vasculature added to head and neck region, new male and female pelvis, more muscles, bursae, and ligaments in upper limbs and vertebral column.
- New! Tap the blast icon to add anatomy that surrounds any structure.
- New! Create a tour. Need a presentation for class or have a series of views you always show patients? Use the new tour feature to link favorite views into a presentation.
- Additional UI enhancements and minor bug fixes include the option to change languages and set preferences within the app and improvements to the search algorithm.
Ratings and Reviews
Elegant, sophisticated, easy-to-use, and a must have for those interested in the body.
This app has been one of my favorites for years, even when it first launched and the renderings were more simplistic, watching this app evolve makes me very excited. If you're an anatomy & physiology student, YOU NEED THIS APP. If you're just interested in the human body, YOU NEED this app. It's price tag may be heavy, but it is a masterpiece. You will have a new perspective and appreciation of the human body (which we all have).
My ONLY complaint- well, more like a suggestion, is I believe the brain- the most complex organ in the body, needs more rendering work done on it; I would like to see more structures of the Central Nervous System, as well as a whole section in the animations dedicated to neurology. Neuroanatomically, I would like to see areas such as the Ventral Tegmental Area, the Nucleus Accumbens, the Substantial Nigra, the Striatum, and more in more in-depth explanations of the cortical areas. I could be nit-picking here, but if there were a way for the app to incorporate data from fMRI data so we could see how information streams throughout our brain, that would be phenomenal. So far so good though! I look forward to each and every update this app has to offer.
Love the new features!
The Human Anatomy Atlas continues to improve with every update. I love the new Blast and Create Tour features. These two new features make the Human Anatomy Atlas a useful app in a teaching environment. The 3D graphics, as always, are accurate and beautiful to look at. Functionality and reliability continues to be a plus in this App. I will continue to support this app and recommending it to medical students and health practitioners. I love the fact that the App is updated frequently and the developers seek the opinion and advice from their customers. Visible Body continues to put a lot of effort and energy to maintain the App relevant and useful! It is a great App!
I will be starting medical school in a couple of weeks and wanna say that this app is giving me a good jump start. I have a lot of previous knowledge of structures but to see them in 3D configuration is perfect for visualizing and memorizing. Thus far, the app needs to add a diagram that allows for the examination of the venous and arterial system separately. The structures have important differences that would be better if we had an option to manipulate them separately and observed together when needed. Also the tibial posterior muscle isn't appearing as a muscle but as a red shape. When these adjustments are made and corrected I would def give 5 stars.
- Argosy Publishing
- 1.3 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2015. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Bony Landmarks & More $3.99
- Muscle Actions, Attachments, & More $5.99
- Animation Pack: Bones and Skeletal Muscles $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.