By Humana Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Humana fit app makes managing your fitness fun and easy, turning your iPhone into a social training partner that allows you to track your work-out details on the go – or use the walk/run tracker to record your pace, distance and route using GPS.
Whether you're just trying to get motivated to start walking around your neighborhood, planning to intensify your yoga and weight lifting routine or training for your 10th marathon, you can rely on Humana fit to help you reach your goals.
Plus, with millions of web and mobile users, Humana fit connects you to a vibrant social fitness community - you'll be surprised to see how many of your friends are already members (we help you find them automatically), and how much more fun being active becomes with a social approach.
Why Humana fit? Humana is interested in building a social fitness community around the best mobile fitness experience. We will push free upgrades frequently and we will listen to you about what features to build next.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TRACKING FEATURE
Getting started is simple:
1) Start the app and configure any additional settings (i.e. Auto tweet, voice feedback) if desired
2) Start recording your walk/run within the app
3) Put on your favorite iPod Playlist (or streaming music like Pandora)
4) Put your iPhone in your armband or pocket
5) Start walking, running or exercising
6) When you finish, press stop, and decide if you want to Save your results, and/or post to Facebook or Twitter
When you're finished, your results (distance, time, splits) are all automatically recorded in app and on the web with your free account at www.humanafit.com where you can analyze results.
- General workout tracking
- GPS distance tracking
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Time, pace, splits
- Route mapping
- Voice feedback
- Heart rate monitoring via Ant+ dongle (see details at http://www.humanafit.com/imapmy/wahoo - works with your existing Garmin or Timex heart rate monitor)
- Live tracking of friends (permission-based)
- Real-time walk/run sharing via Facebook and Twitter
- Historical training log
- Walk/Run against previously saved or newly searched routes
- Manual workout entry to log treadmill walks/runs
- Use your iPhone contact list to see which of your friends are already using Humana fit (on the web or on mobile), and connect with them
- Social activity feed to motivate and inspire friends
If you ever have any problems, we will support you at: http://support.humanafit.com
You will! If you enjoy our app and frequent updates, give us some love with a nice app store review. And if not, let us know via support, and give us a chance to help you meet your running goals.
What's New in Version 4.6.8
Good start - improvements needed
I like that I can sync this to my Nike Run app but the nutrition portion of the app needs to be improved. For example, when it asks for servings, it only allows for 1, 2 and 3 -- but you cannot input 1/2. Plus it doesn't allow (or I cannot easily find) the favorities section so if there are things you tend to eat every day it would be helpful to have.
Plus it looks like you are assigned automatically 2000 calories and my daily graph of protein, fats, carbs etc does not always come up.
I love this app. The nutrition tracker has really helped me. I was eating to many fats and not enough protein. The workout function lets me compete against myself.
Easy and great info
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 4.6.8
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Humana Inc.
- © 2010 MapMyFitness Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.