#1 Education app in over 25 countries!
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more go to www.kidsafeseal.com.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
Your little caterpillar deserves every chance to succeed. Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar Play School is specifically designed to give young children every advantage they need in math, spelling, reading, writing, science, nature studies & creative arts. Help your child get ahead and school-ready with internationally recognized early learning goals.
Learning should be fun! We've made sure your child's experience is filled with wonder and humor, as well as leveraging the most up to date best practices in children's education.
EVERYTHING YOUR PRESCHOOLER NEEDS IN ONE APP:
• SHAPES AND COLORS develops reasoning skills in a series of 3D playgrounds. Prepare children for understanding math, art, reading & writing.
• ABC SECTION establishes the building blocks for reading success. Learn about the letters of the alphabet & how they join together to make words. Discover a world of interactive Eric Carle characters along the way.
• 123 SECTION guides kids through every concept they need to learn to set them up for math proficiency. Young minds learn by figuring out puzzles and repeating activities over & over again. Repetition is key, so we’ve specifically designed this section to be different every time.
• ART SECTION is inspired by Eric Carle’s iconic artwork. Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression. Budding artists can draw, paint, color, design & create in unique ways: Paint or cut out collages. As little fingers play & explore they’ll discover all sorts of fun features.
• JIGSAWS - Age appropriate puzzles are so important in childhood development. Jigsaws teach children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems. Plus they're fun!
• One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles specifically tailored for young children. These books are read aloud to your child & feature themes of nature, science & art.
• LEARN TO READ BOOKS are a tailored reading experience guiding children through the early reading levels. These titles are designed for independent reading but if your readers encounter a word they don’t know, they can tap on that word & it will be read aloud. These interactive books encourage kids to learn at their own pace.
• Subjects are supported & enhanced by SONGS & VIDEOS to deepen your child's learning. Songs are a proven learning tool used by teachers all over the world.
Marvel as your child grows, and takes off — just like a butterfly.
If you're experiencing any issues email us firstname.lastname@example.org
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
- Manage auto-renew in your user Account Settings.
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
Can you believe The Very Hungry Caterpillar is turning 50 this year? We have lots of great things in store to celebrate very soon. This month it's an exclusive new book "Rumble In My Tummy". Learn how all animals need food in order to live and grow. They get their food from plants or from other animals.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Bugs and stops, a couple UI suggestions
In the blocks-to-holes game, my daughter will trigger an offscreen event like Siri or the camera and then when I bring this app back up, she can’t move the block; it’s locked it the coordinates where she’d placed it when the event was triggered.
Also, she often wants to just start over when painting the letters rather than painting the whole thing white. I’ve worked around this by going back, then forward, but a quick-erase and confirm option (so kids don’t accidentally erase their painting) would be good so I can just cook while she and her sister race to destroy my iPad.
Thanks, and overall, great work!
Developer Response ,
Hi The Mattness. Thanks for your feedback, it's very much appreciated. As this is a brand new app, we hope you'll excuse some teething problems. We're working hard to perfect Hungry Caterpillar Play School, and greatly appreciate constructive feedback from our customers. We'll certainly take your suggestions on board.
Update: We're having difficulty reproducing the offscreen event trigger. In order to help us resolve this issue, could you tell us the device model and OS you're using, the activity where the issue happened and how it happened (what particular action triggered it)? If you could email email@example.com, or answer here, we'd be most grateful. Thanks.
This is a really great app for kids, done really well. My daughter and I both enjoy all the fun things to do with in the app. I like how the content is updated frequently. My only complaint is the ads inside the App even after purchasing subscription for one year. I often pay to have ads removed so my daughter doesn’t encounter them while playing apps. Ads are such a nuisance and distracting, especially in the middle of gameplay. It would be my suggestion that you remove ads inside the game for subscription users.
Developer Response ,
Hi Seagreenx777. Thanks for your review, we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're concerned that you are seeing ads though. You should not be seeing ads as a subscriber, and even free users should only see one of two suggested apps from the rest of our collection. Could you please email firstname.lastname@example.org describing the ads and where they appear, or send us screenshots? We're eager to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks!
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 248.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Monthly Membership $5.99
- Limited Offer $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.