#1 Education app in over 25 countries!
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
Your little caterpillar deserves every chance to succeed. Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar Play School is specifically designed to give young children every advantage they need in math, spelling, reading, writing, science, nature studies & creative arts. Help your child get ahead and school-ready with internationally recognized early learning goals.
Play is kid's favorite way of learning. Playtime is when everyone's brain is at its most receptive. So we've made sure your child's experience is filled with wonder and humor, as well as leveraging the most up to date best practices in children's education.
EVERYTHING YOUR PRESCHOOLER NEEDS IN ONE APP:
— A comprehensive curriculum tailored for 2-6 year olds, using the latest classroom-proven techniques
— New content added every month to keep your child engaged & coming back for more
— Always age-appropriate & safe
— Packed with interactive characters from the entire Eric Carle world
• SHAPES AND COLORS empowers kids to develop reasoning skills in a series of 3D playgrounds. Help prepare children for understanding math, art, reading & writing.
• ABC SECTION establishes the building blocks for reading success. Learn about the letters of the alphabet & how they join together to make words. Discover a world full of interactive Eric Carle characters along the way.
• 123 SECTION guides kids through every concept they need to learn to set them up for math proficiency. Young minds learn by figuring out puzzles and repeating activities over & over again. Repetition is key, so we’ve specifically designed this section to be different every time they play.
• ART SECTION is inspired by Eric Carle’s iconic artwork. Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression. Budding artists can draw, paint, color, design & create in unique ways: Paint or cut out collages. As little fingers play & explore they’ll discover all sorts of fun features.
• One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles specifically tailored for young children. These books are read aloud to your child & feature themes of nature, science & art.
• LEARN TO READ BOOKS are a tailored reading experience which guide children through multiple early reading levels. These titles are designed for independent reading but if your readers encounter a word they don’t know, they can tap on that word & it will be read aloud. These interactive books encourage kids to learn at their own pace.
• Activities & subjects are supported & enhanced by SONGS & VIDEOS to deepen your child's learning. Songs are a tool used by teachers all over the world & a proven way to help anyone learn & remember.
Feed your hungry little caterpillars brains. Marvel as they grow, and take off — just like a butterfly.
If you're experiencing any issues email us firstname.lastname@example.org
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Manage auto-renew in your user Account Settings.
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
- Kids love learning to spell their own name. That's why we've added the MY NAME activity into the ABC section. This is especially useful for motivating youn children and getting them excited for going to school.
- Create beautiful collages with four new Eric Carle art templates.
- Exclusive new Learn To Read book THINGS TO EAT. Learn about where food comes from!
Ratings and Reviews
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Bugs and stops, a couple UI suggestions
In the blocks-to-holes game, my daughter will trigger an offscreen event like Siri or the camera and then when I bring this app back up, she can’t move the block; it’s locked it the coordinates where she’d placed it when the event was triggered.
Also, she often wants to just start over when painting the letters rather than painting the whole thing white. I’ve worked around this by going back, then forward, but a quick-erase and confirm option (so kids don’t accidentally erase their painting) would be good so I can just cook while she and her sister race to destroy my iPad.
Thanks, and overall, great work!
Hi The Mattness. Thanks for your feedback, it's very much appreciated. As this is a brand new app, we hope you'll excuse some teething problems. We're working hard to perfect Hungry Caterpillar Play School, and greatly appreciate constructive feedback from our customers. We'll certainly take your suggestions on board.
Update: We're having difficulty reproducing the offscreen event trigger. In order to help us resolve this issue, could you tell us the device model and OS you're using, the activity where the issue happened and how it happened (what particular action triggered it)? If you could email email@example.com, or answer here, we'd be most grateful. Thanks.
Review Take 2
Originally, when I downloaded this app, I wasn’t able to get sound. I was very disappointed as was my daughter. I emailed Support late that evening and had a response by the following morning. A very professional and detailed explanation of how to fix the problem (which was totally due to user error:)) was provided, and I was good to go! My daughter LOVES this app...and so does her nine year old sister! Lol!
Hi CeeOhCee78. Normally problems with sound are due to the fact that the mute switch on the device is engaged. This can be a little confusing because not all apps obey the mute button, but ours do, so while you will be able to hear other apps, you would not be able to hear ours.
All you have to do is toggle the mute switch which is located on the side of your tablet or smartphone. Once you toggle it you will hear sound again. If there is no mute button please slide up the menu from the bottom of the iPad screen to find the mute button icon.
If you still cannot hear sound, please try the following: Go to Settings > General. Under "Use Side Switch To" please ensure that the "Mute" option is selected, and not the "Lock Rotation" button. Then ensure that the Lock / Unlock setting is switched on (to unlock). You might have to restart your device afterwards.
If that doesn't work please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it for you. Thanks!
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 229.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Monthly Membership $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.