The Hungry Girl Diet Book Companion
By Hungry Girl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is a free companion to the book The Hungry Girl Diet, by best-selling author Lisa Lillien. Use this app to plan your meals, create custom shopping lists, and more. The Hungry Girl Diet is a foolproof four-week plan to help you jump-start your weight loss the HG way -- with super-sized portions and smart swaps for EVERYTHING you crave! The book can be purchased wherever books are sold and online. Visit hungry-girl.com/diet for more info and for online savings!
Use The Hungry Girl Diet Book Companion to...
* Browse meals and snacks (complete with photos!)
* Mark your favorites to easily find them later
* Plan and log your food by adding meals and snacks to your meal calendar
* Create custom shopping lists based on your meal and snack selections
* Get tips and recommendations based on your food choices
Visit hungry-girl.com/diet for more info on the book and for online savings.
What's New in Version 1.0.21
- Updated meal pictures and information!
Shopping list issues
I have the book and used this app to build out my menu for the week. Originally I gave this app very poor marks because of issues with the original shopping list. However, after I went to the "help" section I realized I wasn't clicking each day individually to select it (I thought I could select the beginning and end date ranges and the list would be created from all the meals within the date range.) Not so, click each day so it highlights. So now my chief complaint is the poor user interface as you open the app, it's way to vague on how to get to the menu of options). You must click on the second a Hungry Girl icon (it appears below the first after taking a few seconds to launch. Not too intuitive and I think I just accidentally happened on it.
Close to PERFECT!!
This app is SO well-made, it almost blew my head off!
Easy-peasy to navigate and to plan a week's meals.
Admittedly, I haven't had more than a couple of days to see if it's user-friendly interface has any 'crash flaws', etc...but so far so good.
I am IMPRESSED!
The companion book is just as AWESOME and I say it's a must!
I have noticed 2 very obvious improvements needed for hasty updates.
Please add these options!!
1) Make it so that you can change serving sizes from '1' to whatever amount you need. I love that the recipes are written for one. But if 2 people are dieting together, your Shopping List will give accurate amounts for your actual weekly grocery needs. I wouldn't have to remember to double every item on my list since I cook for two.
2) Make my shopping list PRINTABLE and edit-able.
Where I can move items up & down the list or change and add categories/locations to follow the map of MY grocery store. Or make note of a coupon or brand.
Make it interactive!
I want to get in and out of that zoo!
Otherwise...this is the best diet app/book companion on the market!
I love how easy this app is. It is a really good companion app to the book. I only wish I could see what I chose from the drop downs on the food calendar. It's great for making the shopping list, but as I go through the week I can't remember what I said I would eat (i.e. Zucchini and cauliflower with the veg and bean bowl, pistachios or almonds, or what fruit was going to be my side, etc). I have to choose something from the drop down, but then it just disappears. I love everything ends about the book and the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 1.0.21
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Hungry Girl, Inc.
- © 2014 Hungry Girl, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.